BackgroundNew Legends is set in an alternate future, where ancient Chinese culture and modern technology have thrived. The story starts with the protagonist returning home to his family's lands to discover that a tyrant has killed his father and captured his territories. In order to battle this menace, the hero takes up his family's ceremonial sword and does battle with his foe's five sons--half-demons imbued with the essences of five traditional elements: earth, air, fire, water and metal.
- Spanning 37 levels, New Legends throws players into huge environments based on real-world and fantastic Chinese locales.
- Visually astounding graphics meld both historical China and a highly stylized futuristic world.
- Approach battle with the style and skill of a martial artist, wielding two weapons at once, while performing dramatic martial arts attacks and fantastic special moves.
- Visible inventory of up to four weapons carried on the main character's back include a variety of defensive, ranged and melee weapons.
- Each weapon has three or more moves associated with it, but controls are kept simple.
- Acquire super-powerful weapons, "Forbidden Blades of Heaven", by defeating each of the five half-demon offspring of the evil Xao Gon.
- Key NPCs battle alongside you, bringing to life the story and incredible environments.
- Gameplay combines combat with problem-solving, with the option of utilizing an aggressive or passive solution.
- Storyline unfolds in amazing pre-rendered and in-game cinematics.
- Sun Soo is pitted against one of the game's five boss characters, each of whom draw his or her power from the five classic Chinese elements, earth, wind, fire, metal and water.
- Each of the NPCs have special skills and attributes that can be put to use to achieve tasks that would otherwise be much more difficult.