Background50 years have passed since the Second Great War of Heroes. The Ancient Heart, the legendary artifact that caused the Great War, was long gone. Legends of the Ancient Heart circulated throughout the land after the Great War, but the slow passage of time caused many to forget the devastation once brought by the artifact. The memories of the dreadful powers hidden within the Ancient Heart, once responsible for deaths of thousands, were beginning to fade. The Papal Court of Ecclesia further discouraged the legends, determining the Ancient Heart to be the work of pure evil, and exiling all who would seek its knowledge. The land of Bersia stood in peace as the former combatants mended their wounds.
However, history has a tendency to repeat itself.
Without warning, a village near the border of the Sacred Land - where Ancient Heart rested - was invaded by the merciless Orcs. In response to this foul act, Hironeiden declared war against the evil Vellond and began their invasion of Hexter. Ecclesia immediately entered the war as well, in the name of protecting this Holy Ground.
GameplayWith a touch of RPG and action elements, Kingdom Under Fire allows the player to take command as one of 4 races from the forces of Light and Darkness in a struggle involving magic, brute warcraft and strategy. KUF: The Crusaders ashews the 2D isometric look of the original game in favor of more dynamic, real-time 3D graphics.
- Experience chaotic medieval battle on epic scale!
- Up to 1,000 units on the battlefield at any one time, each one beautifully rendered with 3,000 to 4,000 polygons.
- On your command, hundreds of units attack the enemies, sacrificing their lives for victory. You will be a hero- the first to strike and the last one standing.
- Over thirty types of units to choose from, from ordinary infantry to hideously transformed monsters and extraordinary aerial creatures. Players can create an almost unlimited combination of troops for maximum tactical strategy.
- Realistic physics show units using tools and equipment, such as fire from an entrenched mortar and stone-throwers. The harder you train your units, the more efficiently they carry out your commands.
- Customized, upgradeable characteristics and skills for troops and generals.
- Upgradeable armor and weaponry.
- Natural resources, such as ground height, direction of sunlight, soil resistance,real-time day & night cycles and weather patterns.
- Other factors including density of troops, level of training, timing, experience points and weaponry.
- All heroes come with their own sets of special moves and abilities, and can call upon the magical abilities of sub-heroes.
- RPG element allows heroes and their soldiers to gain experience as they progress, earning gold for upgraded weapons and armor.
- An individual hero is powerful enough to turn the tide of battle, but not enough to win the war single-handedly. It is crucial to train and prepare troops for imminent battles.
- Main character and soldiers can gain experience and level up as they progress through the game.
- Between each mission, players can visit a castle to upgrade soldiers by equipping them with new weapons and armors, tweak their ability points, assign a new leader or radically change the troops before the next battle.
- At the beginning of the game, a player can choose one main character from four distinct races; two from the Human side and two from the Dark side. Each selection will determine the player's perspective and influence the destiny of the character.
- Aside from clear mission differences, the same event will take place in four different moods and cut scenes.
- In the heat of combat, soldiers shout out battle information and threat warnings in real-time. No more dull text system messages on the screen.
- Soldiers express cries of pain, victory and defeat.
- Dynamic camera work as only seen on mega-budget film, capturing the essence of true epic battle.
- New Mission Downloadable through Xbox Live.
- Real-time ranking update system.
Official URLOfficial Site
Yumaru and 12 others own Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
dankanta played Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
*Note: As of time of writing, the author has no Live subscription and so cannot take...
Buy Now $ Compare PricesView all 30 screenshots