BackgroundBent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out the Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
More information visit Neoseeker Halo Portal
GameplayHalo is a first-person shooter game where you take control of Master Cheif, a super soldier designed for combat. Travel through 10 different levels as you try to find a way into defeating the Covenant. Halo gives you a choice of using a lot of weapons including a rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, and even using the Covenant weapons. You may only carry up to 2 weapons that are different and up to eight grenades (four being fragment and four being plasma grenades). Rather than going through the entire levels on foot, you can also use vehicles to get around faster. Some of the Marine vehicles that are included are a warthog and a tank. Covenant vehicles include the Ghost and Banshee.
- Huge weapon variety: Vanquish your enemies with a vast array of Human or Covenant weaponry ranging from the stealthy (Alien Needler guns) to the fierce (rocket launchers and assault rifles).
- Vehicle and foot-based action: Tackle missions anyway you choose-be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position of a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers & hovercraft to Human buggies, tanks and more.
- Intense multiplayer shoot-outs: Form a team, choose a role, and fight cooperatively with your friends, battle it out Deathmatch style via intense split screen combat or fight co-op with a friend through the single player missions.
- Incredible mission variety: Fight the Covenant in dozens of missions as you uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among your many objectives - attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry and snipe enemy forces.
- Reality-bending special effects: Halo features the most advanced graphic system on the most advanced gaming platform in the world. Gunfire rips off the screen, explosions light up a living room, and environments blur the line between your couch and fantasy.
- Rich sci-fi experience: Halo transports gamers into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed twisting story-line, complex characters and cunning enemies Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiasts dream.
Official URLOfficial Site
343 Industries today released a Halo: The Master Chief Collection trailer that actually debuted... posted Jul 07, 14 3:23am
Bungie has a significant following that has boomed over 20 years, and with the studio leaving Halo behind in... posted Aug 04, 11 2:49pm
- Genre: Shooter (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Bungie
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Nov 15, 2001 Europe Mar 14, 2002 Japan Apr 24, 2002 Australia Mar 10, 2003
- Also known as:
- Halo: Combat Evolved in North America / Japan / Europe / Australia
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo 4
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo Reach
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3
|Jacob Keyes||Terrence Hood|
|Master Chief||Dr. Catherine Halsey|
|Chopper||Prophet of Truth|
|Scarab||Brute Plasma Rifle|
|Spectre||Prophet of Regret|
|Brutes||Truth and Reconciliation|
|Covenant Warriors||Infection Forms|
|Forerunner-Flood War||Jacob Keyes|