BackgroundYou are Mio Amakura, a young girl who is lost as you find yourself trappend in abandoned village with supernatural forces all around you after following a mysterious crimson butterfly. Blessed with the power of a sixth sense to better locate the hordes of ghosts that you come near you. You and your sister Mayu must find a way out of this spooky enivornment before it's to late.
GameplayFatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly - Director's Cut's gameplay is basically the same as the original Fatal Frame. Instead of having weapons like pistols and shotguns, the only thing you have to defend yourself is an old camera. By taking photos of the ghosts and spirits that you encounter during the game you can injure them. Most of the time you control Mio, but sometimes you can play as her twin sister, Mayu.
- New FPS Mode - Tensions will arise in this new first person view mode where limited sight brings new insecurities to the player, immersing them more fully in the terrifying world of Fatal Frame 2.
- New Survival Mode - Only the strong will survive in a new thrilling mode created only for the Xbox version where players get their thrills and chills from fighting multiple ghosts that attack them one after the other.
- New Setting - Brand new, wider settings in a mysterious lost village called, "All God's Village", opening up new possibilities to terrify the player.
- Enhanced Graphics and Sound - Fear is multiplied in this new version with unworldly uses of light and shadow that add to the eerie effect of the game. 5.1 channel sound brings new heights in fear as players will be able to hear the spine-tingling sounds of the premonition right before they attack.
- New Main Characters - Twins, Mio and Mayu, make their debut as the main characters. These twins provide a major theme, effecting the game's mechanics and storyline.
- Real Time Visuals - More horrifying real time visuals to keep the player engrossed in this frightening tale.
- Unique Camera Combat System - The one-weapon combat system will be making its return in Fatal Frame 2 with the use of an antique camera to destroy your ghostly enemies. The weapon may be the same but a variety of new features have been added to update the camera making it a more powerful phantom killer than ever before.
- More Terrifying Than the First - More powerful enemies, increasingly disturbing atmospheres, and a new terrifying story all add up to a survival-horror game more horrifying then the than the first Fatal Frame.
Official URLOfficial Site
Malan and 10 others own Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly - Director's Cut
Mother Ranma and 4 others played Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly - Director's Cut
- Genre: Mystery (Xbox)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Tecmo
- Publisher: Tecmo
Released North America Oct 26, 2004