BackgroundBaseball returns courtesy of ESPN and Sega in ESPN Major League Baseball. Featuring all your major favorite teams and players officially licensed by MLB. Tour the league and play in historic stadiums in New York and Boston. All new player models give each individual player and more realistic look. Receive in-depth analysis of the game with the all new Gamecast mode.
- Power Pitching - Take complete control of the mound with new pitches, pitch speeds, pitch interface, pitch animations, pitcher momentum and exclusive ESPN K-Zone pitch analysis.
- Take Your Game Online - Experience seamless online gameplay for both PlayStation®2 and XboxTM.
- ESPN Presentation - An all-star cast featuring Jon Miller and Karl Ravech delivers insightful game analysis along with everything you'd expect from an ESPN Major League Baseball broadcast.
- Broken Bats and More - Hundreds of new, break-through animations including broken bats, mound conferences, on-deck batters, curtain calls, and player reactions.
- New General Manager Mode - Now you'll have to answer to the owners if you can't keep your club running on all cylinders. If you don't make wise decisions, you can get fired by your team or, if successful, be lured away by other teams.
- Clutch Gameplay - A new momentum meter allows you to tap into the power of your player when you need it most.
- The Trophy Room - Earn and display trophies by accomplishing in-game goals and surpassing MLB milestones.
- Genre: Baseball (Xbox)
- Developer: Visual Concepts
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Mar 15, 2004
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5
- ESPN NBA 2K5
- ESPN NHL 2K5
- ESPN NFL 2K5
- ESPN NBA Basketball
- ESPN NHL Hockey
- ESPN NFL Football
- ESPN X Games Skateboarding
- ESPN NBA 2Night
- ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding