Release Dates NA Nov 19, 01
- Does anyone play this?? Sep 18
BackgroundBattle for position at every sweeping bend, high-speed straight away, and hairpin turn within the world's most glamorous sporting arena. From Monaco to Monza, take on the most intelligent and daring racers to hit the Formula One circuit. The circuit comes to life with fully interactive pit stops, roaring crowds, a buzzing grid, driver animations, and a full spectrum of driving conditions.
- Official 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship - All the tracks, drivers and teams from the up to date 2002 World Championship including the Toyota and Renault Formula One racing teams.
- Fast, Bold, Intelligent Opponents - Race against opponents who want to win as badly as you do. Every driver on the track will fight, battle and react to maintain their current position, while constantly looking for the next opportunity to overtake, creating a high pressure, edge of the seat racing experience.
- Multiple Racing Experiences - Compete in high action, high drama battles or Adapt the racing experience to suit your style. Toggle simulation mode on and feel the handling model change to a simulation style pushing ability to the limit.
- Dynamic, living environments - F1 2001 takes the driver into a living, breathing Formula One world as anticipation builds up on a buzzing grid. The gamer will enter the ultimate racing experience, whether surrounded by team personnel and engineers, passing flag bearing marshals at the trackside warning drivers of upcoming danger, creating breathtaking collisions, or passing an opponent as the crowd waves and screams.
- Cutting Edge Technology - Unrivalled accuracy, resolution, detail, performance and sensation of speed.
- Realistic weather model - The driver witnesses the race come alive under adverse weather conditions. As rain clouds hover, umbrellas go up and pit crews radio weather updates. Rain causes opponents to spin off the track, crash into barriers, and rush to the pits to switch tires and change strategy.