BackgroundThe ultimate hip-hop fueled fighting game, Def Jam Fight For NY challenges players to step into the shoes of a ruthless street fighter battling for control of the hip-hop underground. The game features an all-new fighting engine including weapons, interactive environments and five unique fighting styles that can be combined to form dozens of customized hybrid styles for the ultimate edge on the streets. Def Jam Fight For NY features more than 40 of the most well-known artists and personalities in hip-hop today, including Busta Rhymes, Carmen Electra, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, Sean Paul, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, and many more.
GameplayPlayers will be able to take on the Hip Hop underground world using 5 different fighting/wrestling styles:
1. Martial Arts: There are nine different martial arts styles in Def Jam FIGHT for NY: Jeet Kune Do, Karate, Baji Quan, Capoeria, Drunken Boxing, Shaolin, Mantis, Tae Kwon Do, and Aikido. Martial artists are quick, agile fighters who rely on speed attacks to wear down their opponents.
2. Street Fighting: Street fighters are the least skilled stylistically, but what they lack in skill they make up for with their determination and potent attacks. With the various strikes at their disposal, street fighters are extremely unpredictable.
3. Wrestling: With a combination of showmanship wrestling and technical grappling, wrestlers are powerful fighters who use their incredible upper body strength to punish their opponents with throws and vicious slams.
4. Kickboxing: One of the most powerful combat martial artists, kickboxers are tough fighters with exceptional leg strength. With the ability to shower an opponent with a flurry of leg strikes and to punish them from far distances, a kickboxers brutal kicks are unrivaled by any other style.
5. Submissions: Masters of the most technical style in the game, submissions specialists use long distance attacks to wear opponents down. They are able to break down specific body parts and leave opponents open to submission attacks.
New Fighting Engine : A new fighting engine challenges you to master multiple fighting disciplines, take advantage of interactive environments, and utilize dozens of weapons to make a name for yourself.
Three Times the Length of the Original Def Jam VENDETTA: It's going to take more than 90 fights in 20-plus venues to win control of the streets.
40 of the Biggest Hip Hop Artists and Celebrites: Starring and music by the hottest names in hip hop from Def Jam and beyond -- look for appearances by Busta Rhymes, Carmen Electra, Fat Joe, Flava Flav, Freeway, Ghostface, Ice T, Joe Budden, Kimora Lee Simmons, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, Sean Paul, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and many more.
Five Brutal Fighting Styles: Master each fighting style: street fighting, kickboxing, martial arts, wrestling, and submission fighting. Combine up to three styles to create devastating hybrid-styles, complete with new "blazin' moves" to finish off your opponent.
22 Interactive Venues : From destructible environmental objects to rowdy spectators who like to "get involved," the 22 venues are the ultimate weapon.
Create-A-Street Fighter: Build your own street-ready fighter and outfit him with thousands of pieces of unlockable licensed gear, tattoos, and even bling from the Jeweler to the stars, Jacob the Jeweler.
The follow-up to Def Jam: Vendetta, Fight For NY is a hip-hop blend of music and...
Overall, definately a must have for the diehard fighting game fan/ rap music lovers,...
The story is just perfect, I had no problems with it was so ever. The twists and...
- Genre: Fighting (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Gangsta
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Aki
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 20, 2004 Europe Oct 1, 2004
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2)