BackgroundThey grind their enemies for fuel, fashion their skin into protective cloaks and create weapons designed to exterminate en masse, and they're the good guys! They are the Darkwatch, a mysterious secret society that has protected humanity from evil since the dawn of civilization. Their newest and most deadly agent is Jericho Cross, an outlaw gunslinger pulled into their ranks by an unfortunate close encounter with a vampire lord.
Jericho's only chance of regaining his stolen humanity is to pursue the vampire through an American frontier overrun by evil minions. Along the way he relies on his deadly gun-fighting skills and advanced weapons and vehicles created by the Darkwatch, owing as much to sorcery as to technology. As a half-vampire, his superhuman abilities allow him to move, see and take damage as no living man could. When he's in a tight spot, or needs an extra burst of speed, he can summon his demonic horse from the very ground he stands on, firing his weapons from horse-back or crushing the rotten skulls of undead opponents with flailing hooves.
To fight a monster, one must become a monster. Jericho Cross had no choice but only he can save the West and his own soul from eternal damnation.
GameplayA cinematic FPS with explosive action and great gameplay variety framed by a story and visual design that delivers a frightening re-imagination of the Wild West.
- Blast through a frightening re-imagination of the Wild West, with explosive FPS action framed by a cinematic storyline and exceptional art and design work inspired by both Vampire-Horror and Western genres
- See the world around you react to your every decision with a unique reputation system. Hero or villain - it's your move.
- Unique weapons, powerful assault vehicles, horse-mounted gun fighting and special vampire abilities bring new depth to FPS gameplay in both single and multiplayer
- Take the "un" out of "undead" in a variety of ways with a wide assortment of "Darkwatch-enhanced" weapons, including pistols, rifles, shotguns, rocket-launchers, dynamite and even weapon-specific melee attacks
- Experience a "living west" with massive seamless worlds, non-linear missions and dynamic enemy and NPC A.I.
- Location-specific damage brings precision to gunplay - tear the undead to pieces, or taunt the pesky living by shooting off hats or making them dance to your bullets
- Online multiplayer capability with unique maps and original game modes
Official URLOfficial Site
EvilTediz597 and 6 others own Darkwatch: Curse of the West
Kirbyking played Darkwatch: Curse of the West
- Genre: Shooter (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Gothic, Horror
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Sammy
- Publisher: Sammy
Released North America Aug 18, 2005 Europe Oct 7, 2005 Australia Oct 6, 2005
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (16)