BackgroundMany games claim Lovecraftian influence, but few games can actually trace their roots directly to the Cthulhu Mythos, the collection of H. P. Lovecraft stories on which most modern horror is based. In Dark Corners of the Earth, you'll have to investigate strange happenings inspired by Lovecraft's stories, such as "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "Moutains of Madness", and further immerse you in the horrific Mythos.
GameplayOther than fighting, you have the ability to interact freely with characters and the gaming environment. To increase the sense of immersion, there is no interface or 'HUD' on screen at any time during normal gameplay. Instead, more intuitive methods are available for you to assess your condition, ammunition levels, and other relevant information. The combat within the game is extremely realistic, with a detailed damage and healing system that breaks down the healing process into conditions and treatments - rather than having the typical FPS 'health packs' lying around everywhere.
The game also allows you to stamp your own style onto the proceedings via an advanced AI system that can react to your method of play. Cthulhu enemies can roam freely around the environment - opening doors and tracking you down single-handedly or in groups. To stay alive you won't just be able to outshoot them, you'll need to outthink them as well.
You will have to keep your mental health in check as you are exposed to the increasingly shocking images of the Cthulhu Mythos. You will need to combat enemies using the environment, powerful and evil artifacts, Alien technology, or by fighting with weapons that are completely authentic for the period.
- Diverse array of levels from quaint towns to alien locations, including Deep One City
- Dynamic Sanity system resulting in hallucinations, panic attacks, vertigo, paranoia, and more!
- Incredibly detailed real-time graphics with atmospheric lighting and dynamic shadows
- Intelligent gameplay involving puzzle solving as well as combat and exploration
- 1920s weaponry and vehicles as well as evil artifacts and alien technology
- Lovecraft's famous monsters and locations
Official URLOfficial Site
EvilTediz597 and 5 others own Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth
MisterSinister and 1 others played Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth
- Genre: Adventure (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Dark Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Headfirst Productions
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Released North America Sep 8, 2006 Europe Oct 28, 2005