BackgroundTasked with locating and ultimately defeating a new force in global terrorism, is a rapid response counter-terrorist unit made up of four Gulf War veterans: Bradley, Jones, Connors and Foley.
The original heroes of Conflict: Desert Storm are back, this time having undergone intense training in counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency techniques, all added to their wealth of extensive battlefield and special ops experience.
In ensuring the safety of the team Foley goes MIA and the team must enlist the help of sniper Carrie Sherman. As the missions become more deadly and the team start to uncover more of March 33's plans, it's clear they face the greatest challenge of their careers to date.
- Smarter soldiers, with greater combat and environment awareness Immediate control of any squad member at any time.
- Issue entire team or individual soldier orders via an intuitive and rapid control system.
- Greatly improved enemy combat movement: foes will hold position, retreat while firing, lean and fire from cover, and use circular cover points, shifting around positions to avoid fire.
- Brand new character actions: vault over objects and walls, climb through windows, abseil from helicopters and utilise zip-lines and ladders.
- Greatly enhanced squad movement: use corners for cover and use crates, rocks, bushes and other cover when advancing or falling back.
- Increased interaction between characters, with mission-specific soldier dialogue and a strong plotline that flows through all fourteen missions.
- New aim-assist system replaces automatic-aim control, bringing a deeper skill element to combat.
- New 3D pointer for issuing orders and positioning squad members Superior enemy AI: enemies make real decisions based on the player's actions. Enemies stop advancing when under fire, use smoke grenades to create cover, hold position when in cover, set-up fields of covering fire for each other.
- New graphics engine features include: next-generation lighting engine, with blooming around bright light sources, shadow mapping to give realistic world shading, new animation system to improve blending - just try moving from running forward to lying prone - it all happens in one silky-smooth motion. Add to that an online gameplay engine, the new physics for ragdolls and driving, and brand new FX for night and thermal vision modes, plus many other new and refined effects for explosions and gunfire.
- Totally overhauled character appearances, with incredibly detailed uniforms and faces, and location-specific uniforms for squad and enemies. There are more polygons in the characters' backpacks than there were in an entire Conflict: Desert Storm character. Even the eyeballs animate!
- Online multiplayerfor PS2, Xbox and PC, plus split-screen multiplayer on Xbox and PS2.
- Voice communication on all three platforms: Logitech headsets on PS2 & PC, Xbox Live headset on Xbox.
Official URLOfficial Site
Theta owns Conflict: Global Terror
- Genre: Shooter (Xbox)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Pivotal Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Q4 2005 Europe Sep 30, 2005 Australia Oct 4, 2005
- Also known as:
- Conflict: Global Storm in Europe
- Conflict: Denied Ops
- Conflict: Global Terror
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Conflict: Desert Storm II
- Conflict: Desert Storm