BackgroundThe game combines elements of first-person shooter, vehicular combat games, and adventure games. It is built on Warthog's proprietary Tusk engine, which supports movement within and between different types of environments. The game features a variety of weapons and vehicles, and takes place in a diverse group of interior and exterior environments. it has advanced technical features, per-polygon collision systems, realistic skinned animation system, and skinned deformable skeletal characters.
GameplayAgainst a backdrop of corporate, political and religious intrigue, Mace is framed for being involved in the deaths of his comrades. After a stretch in prison he becomes a Bounty Hunter, a vocation which gives him access to classified information and a means to aggressively pursue his search for the people who framed him.
- Seamless transitions between first person combat and space flight action
- Bespoke animation system allows motion blending and animation of detached parts of objects ("Motion Blending")
- Consistent flight control and weapons management systems in both space and on the ground
- Modular player vehicle system with a vast array of equipment and upgrades
- The ability to pilot a wide range of ships
- Lifelike NPC reaction depending on their intelligence, bravery, health, etc. and in combat will adjust their strategy based on their numbers, types of weapons, available cover, and numerous other conditions
- Diverse missions, some story driven, some incidental create a dynamic, realistic universe for an immersive experience
- Large number of player weapons from low to high tech, many unique to this game
- A huge variety of walk-around environments with different physics, obstacles, inhabitants and creatures
- High level of visual effects, lighting and sound, utilizing high-spec, optimized Xbox/PC capabilities
- Multiple weighted skinned animation system
- Per polygon collision systems
- Skinned deformable skeletal characters, Skeletal snapping
- Pixel shading for stunning graphical effects such as phong lighting, dynamic reflections and refractive transparency (Xbox Only)
- Vertex shaders will be used for skinning and dynamic level-of-detail (Xbox Only)
Mace Griffin isn't a horrible first-person shooter, but it's numerous rough edges wear...
This reminds me of Tachyon: The Fringe. Wrongfully accused, voice by a famous actor...
Well the long awaited Mace Griffin has finlly landed and I was fortunate enough to...