BackgroundTaking off-road racing simulations to the next level. Simmers will have a chance to purchase one of 70 vehicles from 10 different manufactures for use in intense, pedal-to-the-metal, off-road rallies. In addition to individual racing, 4x4 EVO 2 gives virtual drivers the chance to join a factory race team or 4x4 club to participate in an assortment of exciting missions that involve exploration and adventure.
Gameplay4x4 Evolution 2 puts you behind the wheel of a brand-new truck for some of that wild off-road racing action! Get in the drivers' seat of more than 120 SUV and nine trucks from major manufacturers Race in offroad areas to earn money and prestige. Money earning you new parts like shocks, race tires, roll bars, GPS units, working winches, performance exhaust systems. With prestige earning you the right to unlock hidden trucks and tracks. Customize your truck to create the perfect off-road machine - one that can survive the bumps, branches and rocks, and scrapes with other racers. Multiplayer mode lets you race against others drivers.
- The phrase, "Easy to learn, hard to master" seems to describe the racing action against the superior Artificial Intelligence (AI). (That large truck that just crushed in your passenger door while overtaking you for the lead, and the spoils)
- 70+ masterfully detailed Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and 4x4s put you in control of a high horsepower, multi-thousand pound beast, with such a realistic physics control system, the terrain is no longer beautiful scenery, it is the enemy.
- Professional drivers get paid by winning races and so do you. In career mode, you must win races to acquire 'fast cash' so the multitude of enhancements and upgrades available can be made to your base truck, taking you to a higher level of racing respect.
Plow through snow packed roads, bust out from a wall of fog and be blinded by oncoming rain. There is no off-season for a true off-road race champion.
- Catch ALL the rip-roaring action from film-quality multiple camera angles: cockpit, chase close, chase far, dash, television camera, sides, front, ground, sliding, and even blimp views.
- Your beefed-up Jeep Grand Cherokee rumbles, roars and screeches in Dolby 5.1 surround sound. You'll be amazed to find yourself in your living room!
Official URLOfficial Site
xbox_player and 2 others own 4x4 Evo 2
After playing the first 4x4 EVO, which I admit was actually an above average...
- Genre: General (Xbox)
- Developer: Terminal Reality
- Publisher: G.O.D.
Released North America Nov 14, 2001 Europe May 31, 2002 Australia May 31, 2002