BackgroundThe year is Meio: 048, on an alternate dystopian future of Earth. The whole planet suffers under the oppressive, iron-fisted rule of the mysterious and omnipotent Grand Master Meio. An expert in sabotage and assassination, Hiryu is the youngest ever recruit to attain a Special A-Class in the hellish Strider training program, and is the only man capable of achieving the mission to eliminate Grand Master Meio.
Game PlayPerform breakneck acrobatic jumps and mid-air flips while slicing through enemies with Hiryu’s indestructible ‘Cypher’, a plasma charged weapon that can take on a number of properties. Alternatively, use the climb sickle to gain the high ground, and hit them with a surprise Kunai attack, or call on support allies for some extra muscle when the going gets tough.
From cybernetic soldiers to immense bio-mechanical creatures, Strider’s varied enemy types guarantee unique and engaging combat challenges that will see players quickly utilizing their various weapons, items and skills to gain the upper hand. The addition of plasma cypher variations and ranged weapons, such as the Kunai, provide further depth to combat.
- The ultimate ninja returns – Strider Hiryu, the original assassin that inspired many third person action titles returns in a completely new game for a new generation of gamers as he takes on the Grand Master Meio
- Lightning fast combat – Use an arsenal of moves and weapons against your enemies whilst slicing your way through a massive interconnected game world
- Plasma Cyphers – From scorching enemies to deflecting a host of bullets, the indestructible plasma charged cypher offers a range of action tactics for players to use against their foes
- Seamless Traversal – Jump, climb and run through the expansive game world with the speed and agility of a ninja whilst climbing surfaces to gain that extra height and engaging the enemy from virtually any direction
- Varied enemy design – From cybernetic soldiers to immense bio-mechanical creatures the enemy types in Strider guarantee engaging and unique combat challenges
- Call on your allies – Hiryu’s robot allies return, providing additional support and access to out of reach areas
Capcom's reboot of Strider (made by Double Helix Games) has had its release date sneak up on... posted Feb 06, 14 12:24pm