Why such a long gap after Ground Zeroes? Well, because Snake was in a coma. After waking up from said coma, Snake starts up the mercenary group named the Diamond Dogs. It's the true beginning of Snake's legacy. And of course it wouldn't be a legacy worthy of the franchise if it didn't involve hunting down and destroying, or stealing, a Metal Gear -- or something even more powerful.
The player will once again take on the role of Snake, codename Venomous Snake, and take on missions in what's said to be entirely open world environments. Gameplay will be similar to Ground Zeroes, in that it is an action/stealth game where the player will sneak around, silently taking out enemies with a variety of tools. Then, if discovered, continue to take out enemies with a variety of tools.
New to the franchise is the Mother Base, a home hub where Snake and the player can build their own oil rig. They can even capture enemies, weapons, pets and an assortment of other things to bring back to the base -- adding to its size and usefulness.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be released on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 in 2015.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Day 1 and Collector's Editions revealed for September Mar 4
- Leaked Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain announcement video confirms September 1 launch Mar 4
- Possible Return of a character, but the original English voice actor, might not. (spoilers) Mar 4
- Phantom Pain will include a Chicken Hat! =3 Mar 4
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=366] Now that you've marked your calendars for this posted Yesterday
Kojima won't be happy about this. A Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain announcement video... posted 2 days ago
Tokyo Games Show is about to get off to a great start. Two Metal Gear-focused teasers have been... posted Sep 10, 14 8:18pm
Most people have probably heard of Snake by this point, Naked, Solid or otherwise. Gamers know... posted Aug 13, 14 12:07pm
During Konami's Hideo Kojima power hour this morning, or more officially the Metal Gear Solid... posted Aug 13, 14 11:44am
It was only last week when I passed by Hideo Kojima on my way into a dark E3 theater to see his... posted Jun 19, 14 8:13am
Let's start off by saying that anyone who hasn't watched the extended Metal Gear Solid V: The... posted Jun 11, 14 1:14am
Metal Gear Solid is a series that can and should make little sense to an outside observer. The... posted Jun 10, 14 12:29am
Figuring out exactly how Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and its prologue, Ground Zeroes,... posted Nov 04, 13 8:03am
After his remark about wanting more "erotic" characters in Metal Gear Solid 5, Hideo Kojima... posted Sep 06, 13 2:29pm
Today marked the opening of Konami's latest studio expansion. Introducing Konami Los Angeles, a... posted Sep 06, 13 11:59am
- Genre: Tactical
- Developer: Kojima Productions
- Publisher: Konami
Released North America Sep 1, 2015 Europe Sep 1, 2015 Japan Sep 1, 2015 Australia Sep 1, 2015
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty