BackgroundFeaturing a bold new origin story told from a first-person perspective, XCOM pits Special Agent William Carter and his team against the threat of human extinction from an insidious otherworldly force. But every enemy is an opportunity – players will strike surgically against the alien menace, capture their technology, and by the science of desperation – turn the invaders' weapons against them.
Armed with these lethal new tools of war, players will command their squad on XCOM's front lines: Main Street, USA.
Game PlayTrue to the roots of the franchise, players will be placed in charge of overcoming high-stake odds through risky strategic gambits coupled with heart-stopping combat experiences that pit human ingenuity – and frailty – against a foe beyond comprehension. By setting the game in a first-person perspective, players will be able to feel the tension and fear that comes with combating a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into our world.
- Recruit the Finest: The player leads an elite field team of specialized government agents into battle – combining deep, visceral gunplay with powerful sci-fi abilities. A special tactical mode lets you see the "battlescape" where all possible actions the agents might take are revealed for your command.
- An Elite Division: Plan and equip your missions from the underground XCOM base: the center for researching the alien technology, building out your weapon cache and choosing the agents to accompany you on each adventure.
- Capture and Harness Their Technology: Strike surgically against the alien menace, capture their technology and turn the invaders' weapons against them. Equip your team with an arsenal of powerful weapons utilizing modified alien tech.
- Feel the Weight of Mankind's Last Stand: The American Dream is crumbling all around you as the invaders corrupt the country, one town at a time. How do you stop a force that acts without conscience, a force whose sole desire is to corrupt and consume all that it touches? How do you stop an enemy with no weaknesses, an enemy that cannot be harmed by conventional technology? How will you react to the loss of your perceived reality, and the corruption of the world around you?
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
How dare PC gamers hog the video games all to themselves! Well, anyway, The Bureau: XCOM... posted Dec 03, 13 10:38am
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified launch trailer is here, selling a third-person Enemy Unknown experience
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified arrives on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 tomorrow! Wow, that one... posted Aug 19, 13 11:22am
Update: Agent Ennis Cole's story continues as 2K releases the next part in the The Bureau: XCOM... posted Jul 24, 13 9:39am
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified live-action 'Orbit the Clown' trailer is creepy, but not because of the clown
Next month sees the release of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a new chapter in the XCOM series.... posted Jul 19, 13 6:05pm
It appears my preconceived notions about The Bureau: XCOM Declassified may have been shortsighted. Having played... posted Jun 27, 13 10:24am
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's narrative-driven DLC detailed, game still two months away from launch
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is still about two months away from its August 20 release date on Xbox 360,... posted Jun 19, 13 11:11am
XCOM is finally coming out this year, and as rumors have already anticipated, the new shooter has been rebranded... posted Apr 26, 13 4:30am
2K is still keeping silent on what "The Bureau" is about, but rumors of it being the new name for XCOM seem more... posted Apr 23, 13 12:23pm
2K's XCOM FPS that was shown at E3 2010 is about to reemerge from the woodwork according to various reports... posted Apr 19, 13 11:22am
The end of March brought some interesting news, when several domains were registered by Take-Two for a game... posted Apr 15, 13 5:51pm
Word on the street is 2K Marin's XCOM shooter is being rebranded. Rumors sparked after folks noticed publisher... posted Mar 27, 13 1:51pm
Leaked screenshots for the much-delayed XCOM shooter suggests the game has been turned into a third-person,... posted Oct 01, 12 5:16am
[image3 width=650 height=100] You may have forgotten about shooter XCOM. You know, it's the one that pissed... posted May 23, 12 6:45am
It seems publisher 2K is opting to relaunch the XCOM/X-COM series with the more recently announced remake XCOM:... posted Jan 16, 12 10:58am
Developing XCOM hasn't been easy for 2K Marin. When the game first debuted at E3, the reception was unfavorable... posted Sep 22, 11 4:01pm
2K Australia/Marin's reboot of Mythos Games' celebreated X-COM strategy game franchise, simply titled XCOM, has... posted Jul 11, 11 5:10pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: 2K Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Aug 20, 2013 Europe Aug 23, 2013
- X-COM Alliance (2001)
- X-COM: Apocalypse (1997)
- X-COM: Enforcer (2001)
- X-COM: First Alien Invasion (1999)
- X-Com: Interceptor (1998)
- X-COM: Terror From The Deep (1995)
- X-COM: UFO Defense (1993)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot (2012)