BackgroundVirtua Fighter 5 will feature an all-star cast of 17 fighters, including characters from the previous iterations along with two new characters named El Blaze and Eileen. El Blaze is a Mexican fighting champion who defeats opponents with his quick Lucha Libre fighting style. Eileen, originally from China, uses a Monkey Kung-Fu fighting style that she learned from her grandfather, a former Kung-Fu master. Players will be able to customize their characters by selecting from four uniquely patterned costumes and a wide range of attachable items that can be placed onto each fighter's various body parts.
- The next generation of Virtua Fighter: First instalment of the critically acclaimed series on a next-gen console.
- New "offensive move" system: Strategic fighting is the order of the day with the new Offensive Move, meaning you can attack opponents from the side.
- Breathtaking HD quality graphics: Stunning graphics and amazing new landscapes showcase the best of the next-gen hardware.
- New fighters for the next generation: An all-star cast of 17 fighters, including brand new characters El Blaze and Eileen.
- Unique character moves and fighting styles: Individualised martial arts moves and styles for each character.
- Character customisation: Customise your character with four types of costume and items unique to each character.
We've written about Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown quite a few times now, at some points noting as of yet... posted Aug 23, 11 8:35am
Earlier in the year, we revealed Final Showdown, the latest Virtua Fighter 5 revision, packing new moves,... posted Jun 04, 10 9:02pm
Following up 2008's Japanese arcade release of Virtua Fighter 5 R, Sega has announced a second revision to the... posted Feb 22, 10 11:30pm
- Genre: Fighting
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: AM 2
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Oct 30, 2007 Europe Oct 26, 2007 Japan Dec 6, 2007 Australia Oct 25, 2007
- Also known as:
- Virtua Fighter 5 Live Arena in Japan