BackgroundWelcome to the Corleone family. After a life of small-time jobs and petty thefts you've been accepted into America's most famous criminal organization. Now it's up to you to carry out orders, earn respect, rise through the ranks, and make New York City your own. Play your cards right and you could even be running everything as the next, and most powerful, Don.
A story about family, respect and loyalty, The Godfather book by Mario Puzo and film by Paramount Pictures serve as inspiration for the game as you join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear as you rise through the ranks to become Don in a living, 1945-1955 New York. The Godfather The Game will put you at the center of action in one of history's most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to create yourself in the game, and then choose your path as you rise from lowly outsider to envied and feared Don.
GameplayThe Godfather will offer gamers countless choices for solving the family's problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both. From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside the world of The Godfather where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top. Players will use their powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world. Decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences, just as it was in the mob underworld featured in The Godfather fiction.
- Respect and Consequences: Players will use their powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect throughout New York City. Decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences.
- Persistent world of The Godfather: Your character will interact freely with other characters in the world. Depending on your needs and how you choose to play the game, by violent or intimidating means or respectful or negotiating means, the characters in the world will remember your interactions
- Blackhand Controls and Pressure Point Targeting: Being a gangster has never felt so good and Blackhand will put the power of intimidation in the hands of the player. An analog control-based combat system will give players the use of both analog sticks and shoulder buttons to execute punches, kicks, grabs and even allow you to strangle an opponent. Pressure Point targeting will help lock on less lethal parts of an opponents body so they're still around to give information vital to you.
- Create the New Face of Crime: Use "MobFace" feature to create a new member of the Corleone family with your own tough, street-wise looks. Customize facial features and hair, suit up your created mobster in era clothing, and then lead him through the classic world of The Godfather
- Control New York: The Corleone's control of New York will be challenged by the four families from the fiction including the Barzini Cuneo, Stracci and Tattaglia families.
- Academy Award winning composer Bill Conti and Emmy Award winning composer Ashley Irwin are collaborating to create over 100 minutes of new music, in addition to the classic soundtrack from the film.
Official URLOfficial Site
Bannester and 33 others own The Godfather
nasty nappa and 8 others played The Godfather
After its recent purge, EA are now turning their backs to the online component of more recent titles, some of... posted Feb 17, 10 5:53pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 19, 2006 Europe Sep 22, 2006 Japan Jan 25, 2007 Australia Sep 14, 2006
- The Godfather (2006)
- The Godfather (2006)
- The Godfather: Mob Wars (2006)
- The Godfather (1999)
- The Godfather of Green Bay (2002)
- The Godfather Part II (2003)
- The Godfather Part III