BackgroundThe Soldier of Fortune saga continues with the organization known as The Shop, where players take on the role of a hired mercenary blasting through brutal do-or-die battle scenes in the world's most dangerous criminal and terrorist hotspots.
When a routine escort mission goes horribly wrong, freelance mercenary Thomas Mason finds himself battling an insidious enemy that knows no boundaries. Traditional armies can not handle these extremists, only underground guns for hire can fight a war this dirty and get results.
GameplaySoldier of Fortune Payback evolves the signature gameplay of its predecessors with refined controls, tension packed warzones, and an enemy damage system that may be shocking to even experienced FPS players. Boasting more weapons options than any previous Soldier of Fortune installment, Soldier of Fortune Payback’s impressive arsenal includes an array of more than 30 weapons including submachine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, projectile explosives, weapon attachments and cutting edge tactical weapons.
- Built to harness the power of next generation: Features the most outrageous modeling system of any of the previous Soldier of Fortune installments, allowing for shocking damage. Enemies will not only react to the specific area they’ve been hit but also to the power of the weapon they’ve been hit with and will continue to fight until a final blow has been delivered.
- One of the most lethal collections of weapons ever assembled: The impressive arsenal includes an array of more than 30 weapons including sub-machine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, projectile explosives, weapons attachments and cutting-edge tactical weapons.
- The world’s most dangerous hotspots: Players will find themselves thrown into authentic mercenary situations in real world hotspots around the globe. Players will need to survive an ambush and rescue a diplomat, infiltrate a terrorist organization, go on a search and destroy mission and much more.
- Enemies around every corner: High intensity combat situations where players will need to take down over 15 unique enemies including terrorist, mobsters, insurgents, enemy soldiers and more.
- Compete online: Play your favorites including death match, team death match, elimination, and team elimination, capture the flag and more. Additional online options include maps tuned specifically for multiplayer action and many server settings for online play.
- Compelling new storyline: The storyline reflects today’s trend of outsourcing wars.When a routine escort mission goes horribly wrong, players find themselves battling an insidious enemy that knows no boundaries. Traditional armies can not handle these extremists – only underground guns for hire can fight a war this dirty and get results.
Official URLOfficial Site
Ncjpr1993 and 1 others played Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Ncjpr1993 and 4 others own Soldier of Fortune: Payback
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Military
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Activision
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Nov 13, 2007 Europe Dec 7, 2007 Australia Apr 23, 2008