Shadow Complex was truly one hell of a game, so when developers Epic Games and Chair Entertainment promised a posted Sep 19, 11 2:54pm
Not everyone can like every genre, but the trend of blurring those genre borders has produced some pretty... posted Mar 11, 11 5:35pm
Microsoft has a lot to celebrate, especially with the Xbox LIVE Arcade bringing in such high figures. Beyond all... posted Apr 27, 10 8:17pm
What's that saying about cheaters never prospering? In the case of Shadow Complex, it rings true. Microsoft and... posted Sep 15, 09 9:48pm
Chair Entertainment are surely awful proud -- their second title Shadow Complex, just released on Xbox LIVE Arcade a... posted Sep 01, 09 1:02am
Now it's no secret that Ender's Game writer Orson Scott Card is a homophobe with questionable views on gay rights... posted Aug 21, 09 8:43pm
Orson Scott Card of Ender's Game fame introduced the original Empire novel in 2006. Three years later, we have... posted Aug 13, 09 11:55pm
The good people at Epic Games and Chair Entertainment released their San Diego Comic-Con 2009 developer "collection"... posted Aug 10, 09 6:22pm
When Epic stepped out onto the stage at Microsoft's E3 2009 Xbox 360 media briefing in June and announced an Xbox... posted Jul 28, 09 6:14pm
BackgroundShadow Complex combines the best of old-school side-scroller design with modern, cutting-edge gameplay and incredible high-definition graphics. Collect power-ups, discover new abilities and evolve your character into a force of destruction as you explore an original story set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, Empire.
Game PlayIn Shadow Complex, gameplay is centered on exploration and fast-paced combat as you gather game-altering power-ups and an arsenal of futuristic weapons to overcome obstacles, thwart legions of enemies, and delve into a mysterious open game world. The original single-player adventure is set in a compelling universe based upon the best-selling novel, Empire, by Orson Scott Card.
Features* Original game: This completely original game features full 3-D side-scrolling action. The incredible next-gen graphics and robust physics combine with an open, evolving world design mixed with an awesome, compelling action-thriller story.
* Power-ups: Seek out 17 unique game altering power-ups, with more than 100 additional items and modifiers to discover and use.
* Bad guys: Fight against a large variety of enemies and experience massive, jaw-dropping boss battles.
* Pick up and play: The super-tight controls are simple and intuitive but also allow advanced players additional depth and precision.
* Award winning talent: Developed by Chair Entertainment, creators of OXM's Downloadable Game of the Year, Undertow, and produced by Epic Games, creators of Gears of War.
* Noted scriptwriter: Shadow Complex features a script written by Peter David, one of the most popular comic book writers of all time. It's the first game to be set in the Chair's Empire universe and is based upon the best-selling novel by Orson Scott Card.
Chair Entertainment and Epic Games promised a truly unique experience with Shadow Complex, a side-scrolling platformer for this generation. So is this Orson Scott Card inspired title really worth 1200 Microsoft Points? You bet. »Read Full Article