BackgroundThe coin-op classics, R-Type and R-Type II, are together at last in R-Type Dimensions! Fight through all 14 Bydo-infested stages in original 2-D or all-new 3-D graphics, and swap back and forth on-the-fly. The classic gameplay remains untouched, and a new Infinite game mode allows continuous progression from game start to the final boss. The Bydo will not evade you this time! Game modes can be played as single player or multiplayer missions, either locally or over Xbox LIVE. Pull yourself together, save the Earth, and strike down the evil Bydo Empire!
- Classic arcade action: R-Type Dimensions includes R-Type and R-Type II, two fully playable classic coin-op games.
- Multiple game modes: Try the Classic game mode with play that exactly mimics the original coin-op experiences, or the all-new Infinite game mode, assuring the completion of your game regardless of skill level. Either mode offers both single player and all-new co-op play (both local and over Xbox LIVE). Switch on-the-fly between 2-D and 3-D graphic modes even during play.
- Crazy camera: Play from a non-orthogonal camera view, adding a whole new perspective.
- Cooperative play: New cooperative play uses a simple yet thrilling revive system, and a ship collision feature that can be turned on for added difficulty and sparring.
- New features: The new stage unlock functionality allows you to have immediate access to your favorite stages, and the new Continue option lets you restart from the last accessed checkpoint when the game's over.
Official URLOfficial Site
Flakey and 9 others own R-Type Dimensions
- Genre: Arcade
- Theme(s): Mechs/Bionics, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Southend Interactive
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Feb 4, 2009
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2)