The latest video for pirate RPG Risen 2: Dark Waters focuses on the choices you'll make throughout the game, and... posted Jul 25, 12 6:46am
Piranha Bytes began promoting Risen with a series of "mood trailers" -- a group of pleasant, ambient scenes from... posted Jun 27, 12 7:11am
Part six of the "Making Of" series for pirate RPG Risen 2 goes into the game's story, dialogue, character... posted May 11, 12 7:10am
If you're not yet exciting about pirate RPG Risen 2, today's trailer should help. Promoting tomorrow's PC launch... posted Apr 26, 12 3:12pm
Risen 2: Dark Waters looks to be on track for its PC release later this month, but the console versions have been... posted Apr 20, 12 9:29am
If you're looking to get a good feel for Piranha Bytes' pirate RPG Risen 2, the videos below are your ticket.... posted Apr 03, 12 6:07pm
Today's Risen 2 trailer follows standard trailer formula (epic music + periodic voice overs + action = yes), but... posted Mar 23, 12 9:36am
Another batch of screens in today for Piranha Bytes' pirate RPG Risen 2. In a formidable display depicting why... posted Mar 19, 12 2:09pm
Console gamers interested in their first taste of Piranha Bytes' unique take on RPGs will have to wait a little... posted Mar 12, 12 1:23pm
BackgroundSeveral years after the end of Risen, humanity is pushed to the brink of existence and one of the only safe havens is Caldera, a city located on the peninsula of the Lost Realm. However, even this sanctuary is threatened by the world at chaos, as monstrous sea monsters cause shipments of vital supplies to come to a grinding halt. The hero, upon discovering a rumor that the pirates of the Southern islands know of a way to banish the creatures of the deep, journeys to infiltrate their ranks and attempt to acquire this knowledge in time to save Caldera from imminent peril.
- Risen 2 features a unique, tropical fantasy setting in an open world complete with firearms, dirty tricks and a brand new situationally appropriate magic style.
- The game includes completely overhauled, sophisticated tech providing vastly improved high-res texturing, brand new weather, water and light/shadow effects, a fully revamped character animation system and an exhaustive NPC character model design which greatly reduces the chance of “clone” NPCs.
- One of the most intense, immersive game worlds ever created, Risen 2 intends to fully envelop its players in its world with a full day/night cycle, dynamic weather patterns, NPCs with daily routines who react based on your behavior, and even creature AI with routine behaviors such as scavenging and sleeping that are impacted by the time of day.
- Risen 2 allows players to shape their game experience and even the game world itself depending on their actions and choices. Every decision made has a consequence – it may change the character’s skillset, NPC relationships, or even potential questlines.
- Several unique islands, all lovingly designed by hand with no copy and paste set pieces, encourage exploration and adventure while the player hunts for secret treasures and hidden areas.