BackgroundEarth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors--a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader--the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.
The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.
- Combat diversity: Fight through solo missions as well as co-op and squad-based operations, or pilot heavy walkers and hover tanks through outdoor battles and epic firefights.
- Character transformation: As you're captured and converted to Strogg, you become Earth's only hope.
- Massive invasion: You are not alone—you and your squad are part of a massive invasion force.
- Masterful design: Quake 4 utilizes the industry-leading DOOM 3 technology to create an unparalleled visual and aural experience.
- Multiplayer features: The arena-style multiplayer allows you to play as Strogg or Marine in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag modes.
Official URLOfficial Site
Massacre and 268 others own Quake 4
Grencia and 7 others played Quake 4
doomsday440this game is freaking awesome, built up on the same engine as doom 3, also known as ID Tech 4 engine. Quake4 PC
May 31, 09 10:48pm
Jun 24, 06 2:30am
First this is my first Action/Shooter on the 360 and also the first time I have played...
Dec 07, 05 2:01pm
Well, the next-gen wars have begun. Microsoft has fired the first salvo and lets just...
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: id Software
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Nov 21, 2005 Europe Dec 2, 2005 Australia Mar 23, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (8)