BackgroundPhantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus continues the exciting action-RPG storyline of Phantasy Star Universe. A new Human Fundamentalist movement, known as the Illuminus, disrupts the peaceful Gurhal System throwing the Gurhal Government into chaos.
GameplayUsing their custom-made Guardian, players will explore exciting new levels, such as the Ruins of Old Rozenom City and the subterranean Granigs Mines, where they will encounter new and more powerful enemy types, as well as mastering additional versatile class types. Using their custom-made Guardian, players will meet familiar characters like Ethan Waber from Episode 1, and other new characters including GUARDIAN instructor Laia Martinez, whilst they fight through the next chapters of the exciting story missions that started its singleplay experience in the original Phantasy Star Universe.
- Expanded character customization. Players get many more options to customize facial features, hair styles, body types, color palette, and clothing options.
- Enriched player-to-player interaction. New lobbies, including the Casino Voloyal which features games like roulette and slots, provide more social experiences for players.
- New weapons, combat abilities and classes heighten the intensity of real-time battles. With additional weapons types and new special fighting abilities, such as SUV-weapons, Photon Arts, and all new classes, players will have more ways to expand or specialize the character's role within the Universe.
- New levels, enemies and bosses. With new areas to explore, such as the ruins of Old Rozenom City and the Granigs Mine, and new enemy types including new bosses, players face brand new challenges in all-new environments.
- The user's personal avatar is the star. In Phantasy Star Universe, players experienced the Universe through the eyes of Ethan Waber. Now they navigate the missions using their own customized avatar, working to restore peace in the Gurhal System.
Xbox 360 remains the last bastion for Phantasy Star Universe's North American online fellowship, after Sega shut... posted Aug 04, 10 5:53pm
Those who played the online Phantasy Star games, particularly since the Dreamcast era are in for a sad day, at... posted Jan 26, 10 4:33am
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Sonic Team
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Nov 20, 2007
- Phantasy Star Universe
- Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution
- Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II