BackgroundA follow on to the blockbuster 'Ninja Gaiden' games, originally released on the Xbox. Ninja Gaiden 2 strives to further the legendary gameply achieved in the first game with all new weapons, ninpo, scenery and much much more.
GameplayThe gameplay makes a return to the ever-popular third person Ninja style, fighting game. Lightning fast reflexes and quick thinking to match are a necessity while playing Ninja Gaiden, and according to the developers, even quicker fingers are going to be needed for Ninja Gaiden II.
Weild every kind of Ninja Weapon imaginable [And some not so imaginable], ranging from your trusty Dragon Sword and Shurikens to the new Scythe and Wolverine Gloves. Ninpo, a.k.a Ninja Magic also makes a return and has been expanded, uncluding such spells as 'Hurricane' Ninpo.
- Exhilarating ninja action: Assume the role of a ninja warrior and experience an all-new combat system that requires skill and mastery of your full arsenal of weapons, including Obliteration Techniques allowing you to quickly and stylishly finish off an opponent. In addition to a variety of brutal new primary weapons and enhanced versions of previous favorites, Ninja Gaiden 2 features unique acrobatic combat and attacks used not only by Ryu Hayabusa but also by his formidable enemies.
- Easy to play, hard to master: Ninja Gaiden 2's new auto-healing system featuring semi-permanent damage restored at save points is the natural evolution of the franchise's distinctive gameplay, and introduces a new twist to managing health. Featuring a newly implemented auto-healing functionality and save point system, as well as an extensive story mode and multiple difficulty levels available from the start of the game, the gameplay is accessible to more casual players and challenging to even the most demanding gamers.
- Massive content and engrossing story: The themes of revenge and friendship in Ninja Gaiden 2 give rise to a series of dramatic events to create a truly compelling story. From Tokyo to New York and to the Netherworld, the story leads you through a lengthy, action-packed story mode as you skillfully maneuver Ryu Hayabusa through a demonized world fraught with peril and danger. In addition to the single-player campaign, upload Karma scores to Xbox LIVE® leaderboards and participate in an all-new Master Ninja Tournament.
- Realistic graphics in next-generation gaming: Built from the ground-up from Team Ninja's in-house gaming engine for Xbox 360, Ninja Gaiden 2 represents the best in amazing visuals, responsive control, and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry.
This is what gaming used to be. You were sent into a room or a space or whatever,...
When you think of hard games, you bring up Contra 3, Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts, Silver...
Let me say this now; this isn't a bad game. In fact, if some minor things had been...
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Team Ninja
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Jun 3, 2008 Europe Jun 6, 2008 Japan Jun 5, 2008 Australia Jun 12, 2008