BackgroundIn the Team NINJA-developed title, the enigmatic warrior Ryu Hayabusa must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE features additional playable characters, a new gameplay mode, a redesigned battle system with enhanced enemy AI, a robust Ninja Skills upgrade system, expanded online features including bonus content, and a host of other features.
Game InfoNINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE was designed from the ground up to satisfy core action fans with a redesigned battle system, improved enemy AI, greatly reduced QTE scenes, and the return of dismemberment. Even with severed arms or legs, enemies will fight on and players will find they have to change attacks on the fly to win brutally tough battles—the challenge level leaves little room for error. The Ninja Skills systems lets players use Karma earned in combat to freely purchase weapon and Ninpo upgrades, feats, and costumes. Adding to the variety of gameplay, Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji all join Hayabusa as playable characters. Ayane will get her own chapters in story mode while all three female characters can be played in the new Chapter Challenge mode and Ninja Trials co-op play with multiple costume options.
Chapter Challenge mode is available with ten chapters including all-new Ayane stages. In this mode, players will compete for the highest score possible in each chapter of the story. Six brutal weapons are available to Hayabusa throughout the game, including the new Jinran-Maru & Blade of the Archfiend dual swords, Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama. Additionally, Inferno, Wind Blades, and Piercing Void have been added as deadly new Ninpo. In the new Tests of Valor challenges, players who find Crystal Skulls hidden in each level will be transported to face off in skill-testing battles with familiar bosses from the NINJA GAIDEN series.
The online features in NINJA GAIDEN 3: RAZOR’S EDGE have been greatly expanded, with all the previously paid DLC from NINJA GAIDEN 3 available as a bonus. The Ninja Skills upgrade system works online to let players use Karma to purchase 64 customizable features for the Unknown Ninja used in multiplayer Clan Battles. Supporting up to eight players, five brand new Clan Battle stages have been added. Players can use all of Hayabusa’s weapons and Ninpo in Clan Battles, giving them access to their favorite methods of attack. The number of missions in Ninja Trials has been tripled to 100, and all four playable characters—Hayabusa, Ayane, Momiji, and Kasumi—can be used in this co-op mode.
- New Playable Character: Ayane – NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge adds a new playable character: the female ninja, Ayane, who will be available in her own exclusive new chapters within the story mode.
- Chapter Challenge Mode – In this separate mode, players can progress through any of the chapters in the story mode using either Ryu Hayabusa or Ayane.
- Online Co-op Multiplayer mode with Ryu and Ayane – In addition to an up to eight-player multiplayer battle mode, the game now offers Ryu and Ayane as playable characters in the two-player online co-op multiplayer mode.
- New Weapons and Ninpo Types – The game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types for Ryu Hayabusa, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy. Ayane also comes with her own set of weapons and Ninpo types.
- Character/Weapon Progression System – Using the Karma points earned during game play, players can now upgrade their weapons and Ninpo, earn new moves and increase the character HP level.
- Faster, More Intense Battles – Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle
ghost_of_starscream owns Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
To say Ninja Gaiden 3 wasn't received very well on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 might be quite the... posted Feb 06, 13 4:26pm
$ Compare PricesView all 49 screenshots
- Ninja Gaiden (Arcade) (2009)
- Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (2008)
- Ninja Gaiden (1989)
- Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (1990)
- Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (1991)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (2012)
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (2012)
- Ninja Gaiden (1989)