BackgroundIn the future, Rebel space colonies launch a brutal war for independence with a series of orbital strikes against the Earth. War is reinvented as advanced ECM renders long range sensors and communications virtually useless. In this chaos, a frightening new weapon, the mobile suit, is born. Agile, heavily armed and armored and optimized for short range combat with melee attacks and a wide array of weapons, the Mobile Suit is the ultimate instrument in this new age of warfare. Rediscover the thrill of mechanized warfare as you are thrown into battle as a soldier on the front lines of the One Year War. Fight on foot, in vehicles and in Mobile Suits around the globe. Crush your enemies onliiine no matter where they hide, be it open battlefield or urban environments. Pick your side, choose your weapon, prove your supremacy.
GameplayFeaturing a variety of Mobile Suits from the Gundam franchise, "Mobile Suit Gundam" sets players in the latter stages of The One Year War. Players have the opportunity to be a commander of their own Mobile Suit battalion for either the Federation or Zeon Mobile Suit Assault Force. As players move through the ranks, they are able to gain access to new Mobile Suits and engage in battles with more capable pilots at their command.
With a battalion at their disposal, players face a number of strategic options to choose from. In order to succeed, it will be vital for players to know about specific destructible parts on Mobile Suits, vulnerable enemy facilities and whether or not to engage enemies with either short or long range combat. Teamwork will also be a key component to the survival of every mission. If players are successful, their chosen allegiance could be the turning point for the war in Mobile Suit Gundam.
- Giant Mecha Warfare Comes to Life!– For the first time ever, giant mecha will engage in hand to hand combat with beam sabers, heat hawks and other melee weapons never before seen in the genre.
- The battlefield of the future, now! –Jump into the cockpit of your war machine and experience first hand what mobile suit warfare in the Universal Century feels like as you battle in a host of vehicles and mobile suits, or engage in small unit infantry tactics as you pit your wits and body against the mightiest war machines ever created.
- Fight the One Year War like never before! -Engage enemies on the battlefields of the One Year War any way you want --on foot, in vehicles and in a wide array of mecha.
- Fight on the frontlines, online! – Online play brings mobile suit warfare to life like never before.
- Fight in teams through multiple scenarios and battlefields.
- Total Immersion! – Immerse yourself in the world of the Universal Century.
- Dramatic cockpit views, exquisitely detailed Mobile Suits and vehicles modeled down to the differences in ejection systems and boarding protocols. Using the power of the XBOX 360, view Mobile Suits and environments in unparalleled detail, right down to the rust and damage from combat, all in HDTV resolution.
- Robust customization options! – Customize your mobile suit in near limitless ways.
- Determine weapon load outs from a huge arsenal and fully utilize your sensor suite.
Official URLOfficial Site
skeetacus and 1 others own Mobile Ops: The One Year War
Zennor played Mobile Ops: The One Year War
- Genre: Mech/Robot Action
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Dimps
- Publisher: Bandai
Released North America Q4 2006
- Also known as:
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation Troy in Japan
- MS Saga: A New Dawn
- Gundam Seed: Federation vs. Z.A.F.T. (Import)
- Battle Assault 3 Featuring Gundam SEED