BackgroundBorn the son of a poor immigrant, Vito is a beaten down Italian American who is trying to escape the life of poverty that consumed his childhood. It was on the streets that Vito learns that joining the Mafia is the only route to wealth and respect for people of his standing. Wanting to escape the life of hardship that his father led, he dreams about becoming a “Made Man.”
A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend, Joe, will descend into the world of organized crime. Together, they will work to prove themselves to the Mafia as they try to make their names on the streets. Starting with low-level jobs like robbery and stealing cars, Vito and Joe escalate quickly up the Mafia family ladder…but the life as a wise guy isn’t quite as glamorous as it seems.
- Immersive Gangster Experience: Through strong, authentic characterization, compelling narrative and stunning presentation, the mature storyline will make players understand the pull and impossible escape of life in the Mafia
- Action-Packed Gameplay: Take part in heart-stopping car-to-car chases, visceral hand-to-hand combat and intense gunplay, all of which come together to form a deep and engrossing gameplay experience Illusion Engine™: 2K Czech’s proprietary Illusion Engine, allows gamers to explore Empire Bay’s 10 square miles while transitioning from beautifully rendered outdoor environments to intricately designed interiors seamlessly without the need for loading times
- Authentic Portrayal of Mid-20th Century America: Experience an epic story set across two decades where the clothing, cars and advertising are meticulously created to replicate the feel of a ‘40s and ‘50s American city; as players progress through the eras the city and its elements will change to reflect the time period.
- Soundtrack Reflects the Mood of the Era: Players will be immersed in the Golden Era of America as Mafia II features tracks from some of the era’s most influential artists
Official URLOfficial Site
If you’re thinking that Mafia II looks like a potential buy then we should get one common...
Just for the record, I stacked every single box before the game forced me to move on;...
When playing games based on gang life, you expect violence, sex, and expletives. So which gang-related game tops... posted Sep 22, 10 7:31am
The next Mafia II DLC will once again put the spotlight on a different character, just like 'Jimmy's Vendetta'.... posted Sep 16, 10 6:10pm
A kind reminder for all Mafia II players: "Jimmy's Vendetta" DLC is now available to download for $9.99 or 800... posted Sep 07, 10 11:05pm
[image2 width=650 height=200] With the 2010 Tokyo Game Show in only a couple of weeks, Japanese publishers... posted Sep 01, 10 3:39am
Two bits of Mafia II DLC were announced before the game was even released, and while the first, 'The Betrayal of... posted Aug 31, 10 9:51pm
Red Dead Redemption's fistful of dollars went straight to the Cosa Nostra, as GFK Chart-Track confirms that 2K... posted Aug 31, 10 5:50pm
[image1 link=yes width=640] Even when you're getting your hands dirty in-game through the newly released... posted Aug 26, 10 6:25pm
Every wonder what it's like to be in organized crime? Wonder no more, because 2K's got a pretty informative... posted Aug 21, 10 1:20am
Upcoming free-roam action game Mafia II has been getting its fair share of controversy lately, but it doesn't... posted Aug 19, 10 4:12pm
The word is in from Singapore retailers -- they're no longer allowed to sell copies of Mafia II thanks to the... posted Aug 18, 10 4:26pm
If you like mob movies and games alike, today is your day: the Mafia II demo has been released on Xbox LIVE,... posted Aug 10, 10 3:28pm
With only a few months to go before launch, Mafia II is still pushing to make it into the hearts of the... posted Jun 28, 10 4:19pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: 2K Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Aug 24, 2010 Europe Aug 27, 2010 Australia Aug 27, 2010