BackgroundWhen Queen Theena bestowed the power of transformation upon her youngest daughter, Kameo, it ignited the jealousy of her older sister Kalus. Filled with desire for revenge, Kalus has freed Thorn, the Troll King, from his age-old curse. Now Kameo must master her new abilities, seeking out warriors and harnessing their elemental powers. Only she can turn the tide against Thorn's army, rescue her kidnapped relatives and end Thorn's threat - forever!
With an ancient spell broken and the Troll King Thorn back to blight the kingdom with his dark army and darker ambitions, young elf Kameo - gifted with the rarest of talents but cursed by her family's involvement in Thorn's release - finds she has a dramatic and challenging role to play in events to come.
Guided by the age-old wisdom of the Mystic, Kameo sets out on a path which winds inexorably towards a confrontation with Thorn himself, knowing that along the way she must tackle other matters such as the deliverance of three Elemental Ancestors whose powers have been seized by the Dark King. It won't be an easy road, but our heroine has the crucial advantage of her inherited talents: talents which must be honed to their maximum capacity as she makes her way through a world bursting with strange life and breathtaking sights. Though she is young and her powers relatively untested in the wild world beyond the castle, Kameo has the determination and resourcefulness to see this quest through to its all-important end.
Gameplay•Kameo: The game's heroine, daughter of Theena, sister of Kalus, out to rescue the Elemental Ancestors and ultimately overthrow the Dark Troll King, Thorn. Kameo has the gift of transformation, allowing her to take on the form and abilities of any Elemental warrior that she takes as a follower.
•Kalus: Bitter to the point of betraying her family and the entire kingdom when Theena's powers were exclusively passed down to her sister Kameo, Kalus' actions have set her on a dark road from which there may be no return, making her a sworn enemy of her own flesh and blood.
•Thorn: The Dark King, overlord of the Trolls, sealed in stone following the last Great Battle but now free, thanks to the jealousy of one woman. As he always has, Thorn seeks dominion over the whole kingdom and all the life it contains, and will use every weapon and wile at his disposal to get it.
•Ortho and the Mystic: Long-serving Royal aide, the sharp-tongued Ortho is the ideal foil for his level-headed wife, The Mystic. Kameo will have to prove herself to this unusual couple since they possess an unrivalled knowledge of the land and the Tribes that populate it, not to mention some invaluable magic.
•Theena and the Ancestors: Relatives of Kameo and Kalus (Theena being their mother), and guardians of strong Elemental forces. The Ancestors grew complacent following the first defeat of the Trolls, and now find themselves in Thorn's clutches: Kameo must free them before their powers can be dangerously subverted.
•The Warriors: Ten different species of Elemental warrior who can be rescued and recruited by Kameo on her journey, adding their strengths (and their physical forms) to her ever-expanding arsenal. From hulking ice beasts to nimble pugilistic weeds, there are allies to help in every situation.
- Morph-into-monster action: Transform in real-time into a dazzling array of incredible monsters each with its own fantastical strengths and fighting styles. To defeat the hordes of evil, players must strategically employ 10 elemental monsters from the five Elements of Power: Plant, Water, Rock, Ice, and Fire. Evolve Kameo's powers and abilities by tracking down, capturing, and harnessing the unique powers of each creature.
- Unleash an impressive arsenal of attacks and weaponry: With fast-paced action, loads of enemies, and massive boss encounters, success depends on the ability to think and act quickly using a boundless monster repertoire, skillful command of attacks, and keen ability to use "quick switch" combinations. Engage in up-close combat with a wicked boxing plant monster Pummel Weed, switch over to the rock monster Rubble to launch salvos of rocks, and finish off enemies as an ice yeti named Chilla by throwing penetrating ice spears. Players have the freedom to use roughly 30 unique attack and exploration abilities, with the ability to enhance their skills through a variety of upgrades.
- Innovative combat system: A sophisticated combat scoring system will track players' effectiveness to outmaneuver, fight, and destroy the enemy. Vanquish foes with quick brutal attacks using the environment and a combination of monsters.
- Monsterous exploration: Monsters are key for combat, but also vital tools for exploration. Crafty use of monsters coupled with agility and timing is critical to unlocking new worlds, solving environment puzzles, and avoiding obstructions, traps, and enemies. Use monsters to tunnel underground, climb ice walls, jump ramps, blow up obstacles, and much more.
- Action-packed journey across an immense world: Explore a vast and magical world filled with lush environments, wondrous creatures, clever puzzles, and big challenges. Gorgeous 3-D environments with sprawling hills, fertile valleys, and threatening lairs covermultiple fantasy-style locations and the dangerous Troll Castle. Battle relentless armies, go toe-to-toe with powerful elemental trolls, and confront daunting, yet outrageous, bosses.
Official URLOfficial Site
EvilTediz597 and 13 others played Kameo: Elements of Power
EvilTediz597 and 64 others own Kameo: Elements of Power
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rare
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Nov 8, 2005 Europe Dec 2, 2005 Japan Feb 2, 2006 Australia Mar 23, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2)