BackgroundWith the guidance of Serina, a spirited artificial intelligence (AI) persona, gamers will direct legions of UNSC soldiers, Warthogs and Scorpions against Covenant Grunts, Elites, Ghosts and Scarabs, each group having its own strengths and uses in battle. Strategic-minded players who react well under pressure will emerge victorious.
- New take on a legendary world. Set in the iconic "Halo" universe, "Halo Wars" predates the original first-person shooter "Halo." Fans of the "Halo" franchise will have the opportunity to experience the early battles between the UNSC and Covenant, the far-reaching conflict that has been diligently followed by the masses in the blockbuster "Halo" series.Players join the crew onboard the Spirit of Fire, a Phoenix-class colony ship converted for UNSC military use and guided by the AI persona Serina. The "Halo Wars" story line follows the Spirit of Fire's discovery of an ancient artifact during a journey to the planet Harvest, the first planet to be attacked by the Covenant.
- Strategic command of armies in large-scale combat. "Halo Wars" put gamers in command of the battlefield, playing as either of two unique civilizations: UNSC and Covenant. They can counter and crush their opponent by tactically fielding the superior army. Players can also choose among Leaders that possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle. Using various combinations of Leaders and units, players can create countless strategies tailored to their preferred playing styles and personalized strategies.
- Groundbreaking strategy game for the Xbox 360. Since inception, "Halo Wars" was explicitly designed to cater to console gamers and bring to the Xbox 360 a genre that has typically been played on the PC. Gamers can easily command and manage powerful armies, effortlessly control troops and incredible machines, engage in epic battles and expand their empire using an intuitive user interface for the Xbox 360. "Halo Wars" represents the true next-generation experience, combining a masterful control scheme using the Xbox 360 Controller with the award-winning strategic gameplay only Ensemble Studios can provide.
Official URLOfficial Site
allingo and 104 others played Halo Wars
allingo and 1255 others own Halo Wars
A guy named Alex Kobbs likes thee things: Lego, Halo, and animation. So, naturally, he decided to combine all... posted Dec 01, 09 7:25pm
- Genre: RTS
- Theme(s): Military, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Mar 3, 2009 Europe Feb 27, 2009 Japan Feb 26, 2009 Australia Mar 5, 2009
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo 4
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo Reach
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3