BackgroundGears of War 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to third person tactical action game that thrusts you back into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against a nightmarish force of underground creatures known as the Locust Horde.
Gears of War 2 Continue the story of Marcus Fenix, a reluctant war hero, as he leads Delta Squad on a series of perilous and adrenaline-pumping missions.
- Bigger, better, and more badass gameplay: Gears of War 2 builds upon the gameplay of the first title in every way. First, the scope of the action is bigger new characters, more weapons, nastier enemies, bigger vehicles, and grander locales offer more action, more emotion, and more thrills. Next, every major aspect of the game has been refined to create heightened, more immersive experiences. Finally, the overall tone of Gears of War 2 is more badass, replete with new weapon-specific executions, chainsaw duels, and shocking boss fights.
- Jaw-dropping visuals: Gears of War 2 raises the graphics bar for next generation games through its breathtaking visual effects, which are made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3. New visual effects include ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, improved character lighting, the ability to render hundreds of on-screen characters simultaneously, improved water physics, additional blood and bullet decals, advanced destructible environments, new weather effects, and the introduction of fluid objects. When combined with the sweeping vistas and evocative locales in the world of Sera where the Gears of War 2 story unfolds, these additions help make this the most gorgeous game available this generation.
- Gripping story: Gears of War 2 continues to push deep, immersive storytelling in video games to greater heights. Humanity's epic battle for survival is felt on both the personal and epic levels as you explore multiple story arcs that introduce new characters and flesh out the histories of familiar ones. A new in-game conversational camera system also helps bring the compelling story to life in a cinematic fashion.
- Unparalleled Xbox LIVE action: Gears of War 2 takes full advantage of the industry leading Xbox LIVE service. Home to 10 million gamers, Xbox LIVE is a robust online entertainment network and allows you to experience Gears of War 2 either competitively or cooperatively. Enhanced competitive multiplayer gameplay over Xbox LIVE introduces new modes, weapons, and a multitude of new maps. Also new to Gears of War 2 is the ability to drop in and drop out of the co-op campaign at anytime, while allowing you to play at their own difficulty setting. Enjoying the visceral thrills of Gears of War has never been easier.
- Gears of War 2 utilizes an updated Unreal Engine 3 game engine, allowing for more realistic lighting and shadow, and loads of physics engine improvements including destructible environments.
- The purported "host advantage" issue seen with certain weapons during online multiplayer (as a result of lag experienced by other players) is expected to be resolved in the sequel.
- Winner of IGN's E3 2008 awards for both "Overall Best Shooting Game" and "Overall Best Graphics Technology".
- Winner of Game Critics' "Best Action Game" of E3 2008.
Added on: February 21, 2008
Marcus Phoenix better put his boots back on, because Microsoft has just acquired the rights to... posted Jan 27, 14 7:57am
Now, we know it's only Monday, but frankly, we can't wait until Friday to post this amazing fan-made video. ... posted Oct 17, 11 5:54pm
Microsoft has confirmed the so-called Gears of War Ultimate bundle, but under a different name. Today, the... posted Jan 18, 11 8:25pm
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=362] One of these guys will die in the next 20 or 30 minutes. GameStop... posted Jan 03, 11 10:02pm
If you couldn't be bothered to go the store to actually grab a copy of Gears of War 2 since it first tore up... posted Oct 06, 10 5:55pm
[image1 width=299 height=450 float=right] Jacinto's Remnant filled in some of the gap between Gears of War 2... posted Aug 25, 10 3:06am
Wyck Godfrey was pretty stoked about producing a Gears of War movie, but Underworld director Len Wiseman has... posted Jul 28, 10 1:22am
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Epic Games Inc.
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Nov 7, 2008 Europe Nov 7, 2008 Japan Jul 30, 2009 Australia Nov 7, 2008