BackgroundTwenty years have passed since the Great Crystal War, when the forces of darkness gathered and evil threatened the peaceful kingdoms of Vana'diel. An alliance was formed to rid Vana'diel of the evil--but after a narrow victory, the threat has returned. As the beastmen organize their forces and make their advance towards the nations of San d'Oria, Windurst, and Bastok, a desperate call goes out to adventurers around the globe for help. Begin your journey into the world of Vana'diel by creating a customized character from a host of physical attributes and jobs. Experience missions, quests, and boss battles by yourself or join up with other party members to form powerful alliances as you explore the incredibly vast environments that make up Vana'diel. In the end, fans will be pleased to discover that FINAL FANTASY XI incorporates new features while retaining the renowned series' familiar look and feel.
- Online RPG: First massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) in the renowned FINAL FANTASY series.
- Cross-platform title: First MMORPG that lets gamers connect to the same gaming world, regardless of platform.
- Varied quests: From one of three starting nations, players can undertake conquests to elevate their nation's standing, missions to build their reputation within a nation, and quests to discover useful items, earn money, uncover valuable information, and learn more about the story of Vana'diel.
- Custom characters: Personalize your character with a host of physical traits and jobs. Gain the ability to equip and switch support jobs at any time.
- Special quests: Participate in missions to unlock exciting new jobs such as "Dark Knight," "Summoner," and "Ninja."
- Intuitive battle system: Experience a complex yet well-balanced battle system fit for beginners and experienced gamers alike. Perform strategic attacks using magic, job abilities, and weapon skills.
- Huge world: More than 100 areas to explore including mountains, forests, ice plains, deserts, oceans, rivers, castles, and dungeons.
- Changing time, climate, and weather: Live in a persistent world with time and climate changes that range from full day/night cycles to desert sandstorms, thunderstorms, fog, and snow.
- Helpful features: Players will be able to play at their own pace and form parties by using various integrated communication tools, including PlayOnline Chat and PlayOnline Mail.
- Gorgeous, complex saga: Experience the same visual style and deep story lines that have become a staple of the FINAL FANTASY series.
- PlayOnline Viewer software: With communication tools, access to support, customization tools, and games, including the enhanced online version of the Tetra Master card game from FINAL FANTASY® IX.
Official URLOfficial Site
As Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XI's final content updates and the closure of services... posted Mar 19, 15 7:54pm
Final Fantasy XI's final scenario is 'Rhapsodies of Vana'diel' and starts in May, three free content updates
With the success of Final Fantasy XIV and the years continuing to fly by, it was only a matter... posted Mar 19, 15 1:46pm
A decade later, MMORPG Final Fantasy XI is still kicking. If you're still playing along, new expansion Seekers of... posted Dec 27, 12 8:32am
Like many other companies in Japan, Square Enix and Konami have pledged to cut down on power use as the... posted Mar 22, 11 12:32pm
As part of the efforts to conserve Japan's electricity usage in the wake of the Sendai earthquake and tsunami,... posted Mar 13, 11 8:27pm
Final Fantasy XI? Still running comfortably and plenty of life in it, apparently. Square Enix's VanaFest 2010... posted Mar 01, 10 2:54am
This is one hell of an online game and a real commitment too. It has expanded numerous...
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Square Enix
- Publisher: Square Enix
Released North America Apr 18, 2006 Europe Apr 20, 2006 Japan Apr 20, 2006
- Available DLCs