BackgroundFar Cry 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa!
Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal", a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.
- OPEN WORLD: The extensive artistic research combined with the next-gen engine will allow you to explore over 50Km2 of seamlessly rendered African landscape. No game has ever provided such freedom of movement!
- DUNIA ENGINE: The Dunia Engine was built specifically for Far Cry 2 by the award-winning Ubisoft Montréal development team. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire propagation and storm effects, real-time night-and-day cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and so much more…
- Real-Time Immersion: Real-time story telling, systemic auto-healing, minimal in-game interface are just few of the features that will make you feel the tension of being alone against barbarous warlords that threaten thousands of innocent lives.
- Weapons of Choice: Choose from a wide range of weapons to make your way to your primary target. Meet the fight head-on with your machine-gun, go berserk with your machete or make stealth kills as a Sniper. If you feel that the atmosphere is not warm enough, light up your flamethrower and let your enemies and everything around them feel the heat.
- Vehicles: Fly, Drive, Run, slide and hover over the huge open world with your glider, trucks, cars, boats and much more.
Official URLOfficial Site
EvilTediz597 and 665 others own Far Cry 2
Nicholas33310 and 14 others played Far Cry 2
Aug 05, 09 5:50am
tekmosis says there's too much driving... the driving's not so bad - but clearing checkpoint stations is getting tedious. FarCry2 PC
May 31, 09 6:58pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Oct 21, 2008 Europe Oct 24, 2008 Australia Oct 23, 2008