BackgroundF.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) is an intense combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging story presented entirely in first person. Be the hero in your own blockbuster action movie. The story begins as an unidentified paramilitary force infiltrates a multi-billion dollar aerospace compound, taking hostages but issuing no demands. The government responds by sending in special forces, but loses contact as an eerie signal interrupts radio communications. When the interference subsides moments later, the team has been obliterated. Live footage of the massacre shows an inexplicable wave of destruction tearing the soldiers apart before they can even react
GameplayTake on the role of the point man in the F.E.A.R. unit. Armed with hyper-sensitive reflexes, you can slow down time and experience the game's close-quarter battle sequences in vivid detail. You'll need every advantage you can get as you square off against some of the most ferocious A.I. ever seen in a game. F.E.A.R. contains both a single player campaign and multiplayer modes that are available for play through Xbox Live® or System Link play.
- Action and suspense: F.E.A.R. features cinematic quality gunfights so intense they will leave the most jaded FPS fan gasping for breath. F.E.A.R. then pushes the action over the top by wrapping it all up in the creepy atmospherics and the prevailing sense of dread found in the best horror movies. It's the game that delivers on the promise that you will be afraid to play it alone in the dark.
- Fierce enemies: Squads of tactical teams use coordinated attacks and flanking maneuvers to pin you down and take you out. High tech assassins cling to walls and ceilings and ambush you from the shadows.
- Cinematic FX: An advanced Special FX system showers you in sparks, smoke, and debris, making combat as intense and exhilarating as an action movie.
- Hi-tech arsenal: Employ high tech firearms and classified weaponry such as the corkscrew missile launcher, rapid-fire battle cannon, and a plasma cannon capable of searing flesh from the bones of your enemies.
- Advanced game technology: The latest in DirectX 9 rendering technology uses real-time per pixel lighting, shadow volumes, normal mapping, and advanced shaders to create a world so convincing you'll forget you're playing a game. Havok 3 Game Dynamics system makes unleashing hell on your enemies visceral and satisfying. Bodies recoil and collapse accurately and objects react to being shot, pushed, or blown up.
- Multiplayer: With support for up to 16 players playing simultaneously, game modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Elimination, Team Elimination, and Capture the Flag. There are also slow-mo variants of each of these modes, allowing you to use the slow-motion feature from the single player game in multiplayer.
Official URLOfficial Site
allingo and 14 others played F.E.A.R.
allingo and 457 others own F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. is a game that actually makes horror real. It actually scared me, the music...
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Horror, Film Noir, Police/S.W.A.T., Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Monolith Software
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Nov 7, 2006 Europe Nov 10, 2006 Australia Nov 15, 2006
- F.E.A.R. 3
- F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
- F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
- F.E.A.R. Combat