BackgroundFrom the creators behind some of Capcom’s best action games, including the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4, comes their next opus, Dragon’s Dogma. Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma is a unique action experience that blends exciting and fulfilling combat with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. With your party of three you set out on an epic adventure to track down and destroy a mysterious dragon. Along the way you’ll encounter some of the biggest and baddest beasts ever to roam the land, and only skilful play and tactical teamwork can save the day.
Utilizing an enhanced version of Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework engine that delivered the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration. Dragon’s Dogma will deliver a whole new world of action to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012.
- Highly Stylized Action Combat - The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits - Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4.
- Fight With Ability - The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
- Accessible Depth - Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor - even the length of your legs - plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
- Epic Adventure - Dragon's Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
- Open World - Utilizing Capcom's proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Dragon's Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
- A Rich Population - In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you'll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
Official URLOfficial Site (JP)
Official Site (NA)
Capcom today released a ton more things to look at for their upcoming Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen expansion. The... posted Jan 23, 13 2:26pm
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be arriving next year, but what exactly can we expect with the game's first... posted Dec 10, 12 3:42pm
Releasing in Japan sometime next year, Dragon's Dogma: Arisen represents an expanded version of the original... posted Dec 06, 12 7:33am
Next week, Dragon's Dogma owners will be free to tackle the game once more through the new Hard Mode or Speedrun.... posted Nov 26, 12 4:59pm
If you're a Dragon's Dogma fan, you'll soon be able to get your hands on some free DLC...if you live in Japan. As... posted Nov 26, 12 7:10am
Capcom is giving Dragon's Dogma players another reason to get back into their hit RPG by adding Hard Mode and... posted Sep 21, 12 4:18am
Capcom has pushed back the release of that in-depth PS3 exclusive Dragon's Dogma demo, at least by a couple... posted Aug 09, 12 11:51am
Capcom has said it'll be adding an "easy mode" to Dragon's Dogma. In order to make the action role-playing... posted Aug 01, 12 5:18am
Dragon's Dogma creator Hideaki Itsuno has discussed his plans for a sequel to the action role-playing... posted Jul 31, 12 8:00am
Capcom's latest financial report has revealed that Dragon's Dogma has sold 1.05 million copies. Japan was the... posted Jul 30, 12 4:47am
Dragon's Dogma's director has expressed his desire to create a sequel to the action role-playing game. posted Jul 25, 12 5:28am
More downloadable content for Dragon's Dogma is imminent, Capcom has confirmed. Game director Hideaki Itsuno... posted Jul 09, 12 5:07am
Dragon's Dogma has shipped one million copies worldwide, Capcom Japan has announced. The action role-playing... posted Jun 24, 12 11:40pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America May 22, 2012 Europe May 25, 2012 Japan May 24, 2012 Australia May 24, 2012