BackgroundDJ Hero expands Guitar Hero’s signature social gaming to all-new consumers with the addition of diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance. Introducing an all-new innovative turntable controller, DJ Hero transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world’s most exciting artists and DJs.
GameplayThe makers of Guitar Hero introduce an entirely fresh and innovative way to experience music. DJ Hero features an amazing variety of music across genres – tracks that you love and reflect who you are. Using an authentic turntable controller, you will spin and scratch more than 100 songs into unique mixes and become the life of the party. Get ready for a whole new phenomena in music.
- Access Unprecedented Music Variety: Mix and scratch over 100 individual songs, highlighted in over 80 exclusive new mixes that blend genres of music, including hip-hop, electronica, R&B, Motown, pop, and rock. DJ Hero brings the hottest artists including: Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, Beastie Boys, N.E.R.D, and many more.
- Experience Music in a Revolutionary Way: The DJ Hero turntable controller immerses you into authentic DJ culture allowing you to scratch, cross-fade, and beat match. Customize your mix with a variety of effects and samples transforming a face in the crowd into the life of the party.
- Rule the Hottest Parties: Where Guitar Hero brought gamers into the world of rock ‘n’ roll, DJ Hero brings you into the hottest scenes around. Party in venues reminiscent of real world locales from around the globe including an ultra plush and sexy Hollywood Hills style mansion to an open air beach club in Ibiza.
- Party with Your Friends: Features online and offline multiplayer competitive and cooperative modes.
- Even party without even touching the turntable. With it's Party play Feature you can just watch or listen to the music. Without having to do anything. The only bad part to it is that you don't get any points for it.
No, you're not seeing things: a surprise pack update for both Guitar Hero 5 and DJ Hero is not only already... posted Jun 29, 10 6:11pm
Are you virtual DJs ready for a whole new collection of musical mashups? DJ Hero 2 is set to bring in new mixes... posted Jun 08, 10 7:12pm
DJ Hero players, are you ready to prove yourselves as the best of the best? The upcoming "Domination Pack" is... posted Apr 25, 10 4:39am
Hey DJ Hero players, proceed to dust off your turntables and prepare to mix some new tracks. Three new mixes... posted Mar 11, 10 2:15am
By the NPD Group's reckoning, 2009 saw North America's gaming industry hit by an 8 percent year-on-year decline... posted Jan 19, 10 8:36pm
Finally a break from guitar hero. Personally I like DJ...
Will the Hero series ever die? Not if Activision has can help it. Guitar Hero CEO Dan Rosensweig noted in a recent... posted Nov 13, 09 8:56pm
Okay, who saw this coming? Yeah, if you haven't already heard about it, DJ Hero gets its first downloadable content... posted Oct 30, 09 8:20pm
DJ Hero has just been released, and as tradition to the "X Hero" brand, there will be plenty of mental mash ups... posted Oct 29, 09 3:32pm
DJ Hero releases nationwide today with 93 on-disc tracks by a wide-ranging list of artists, mixed ten different ways... posted Oct 27, 09 5:25pm
Oh you darn music fans, bet you're just sitting there staring at that red circle you drew around the October 27... posted Oct 19, 09 8:23pm
Today is Columbus Day in the United States and Thanksgiving in Canada, so the front page has been slow. I'm the only one writing today, along with our volunteer, Dany aka Reenee. But there's actually some neat vids released as well.
I posted them in our video section, and you can find them on the front page with a li'l background for each. The first is the opening cinematic for DJ Hero, that upcoming music game we've been hearing so much about -- with the turntable controller, Daft Punk, and some ongoing meet-Eminem-contest. It's pretty stylish, needless to say, and a bit on the obscure side; don't try to understand it, just sit back and enjoy.
LINK: DJ Hero opening cinematic released
More details at the link, including another link to another article about pre-order details. Retailers are really gunning for your money and offering some exclusive pre-order bonuses you might wanna think about. I'd say Best Buy has the juiciest, given it features Daft Punk. Moving on...
Next up, Dante's Inferno, a game everyone claimed was a God of War rip-off, because you know that's the only action game on the planet. Anyway, as we close in on 2010, the game looks like it might defy all expectations. There's lots of dark eye candy, and not just for Satan-worshipers. Visceral Games and EA released a new dev diary today focusing on "Anger," a well-known circle of Hell -- also referred to as "Rage." In it, they talk a little about Dante's weapons, mainly Death's giant scythe and a holy crucifix.
LINK: Dante's Inferno devs talk about Anger issues
Finally, we posted a review this evening by Gabe, aka VeGiTAX2, for Half-Minute Hero on PSP. It's on the front page, but for you lazy bastards I'll get you the link. Happy watchin' / reading, and see you Tuesday.
LINK: Neoseeker reviews Half-Minute Hero
videos dj hero ea activision musingsthoughts neoseeker related gaming related
Activision has released the opening FMV for DJ Hero, which you may or may not want to watch. Hey, if you prefer... posted Oct 12, 09 7:38pm
- Genre: Rhythm & Music (Xbox 360)
- Theme(s): Party & Board Games
- Developer: Freestyle Games
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Oct 27, 2009 Europe Oct 30, 2009 Australia Oct 28, 2009
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (1-2)