BackgroundEnter the world of Gilverado, a kingdom plagued by hideous monsters and tortured souls. Choose from four angels with unique demonic familiars and battle against a storm of enemies pouring out of Hell’s gates! Fight your way out of tight spots as you are surrounded by enemy units and bullets from both sides of the screen. The unique left/right shooting mechanic of Deathsmiles will keep you on your toes as you dodge and weave through complex enemy fire, beautifully crafted by the modern masters of shmups, CAVE.
Game PlayTriggering “Power-up mode” will unleash great streams of golden crowns, white tiaras, and grey skulls as you cut through enemies with your little angel’s mighty magic shot. Try not to get distracted by the bling as you collect these gorgeous trinkets en masse and pump your high score to the limit!
- Five Characters to Explore Gilverado - Choose Windia, the foppish English girl; Casper, the sassy German; Follett, the cautious French girl; or Rosa, the California valley girl. Travel down the roads of Gilverado and discover hidden conversations between the angels.
- Mega Black Label - Test your supernatural powers against the onslaught of the Ice Palace and its forgotten protector! Put your skills to the test with a new scoring system that demands more, but pumps out even more explosions of shiny tokens!
- Choose Your Path and Difficulty - You can choose your own route through the game’s stages and set the difficulty for each, from a level of 1 to 3. These difficulty levels allow you to customize the bullet count and boss toughness. Watch out if you choose level 3 four times, though...
- Save and Play Back Replays - Save replays of your own games to watch later for your own enjoyment. Players can also download the top 20 scoring runs on the leaderboard.
- Online Rankings & Online Co-op - Check out your score on the online leaderboard, with rankings for each character and game mode. Two-player cooperative play is also available via: Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network!
- Aksys reviews (BlazBlue, Deathsmiles, Record of Agarest War)
- More Elemental hands-on coverage (part one is here)
- Need for Speed World review tomorrow (sorry, numerous things have delayed it)
- Metroid: Other M preview (leochan and I will be heading to a hands-on event and chatting a bit with Nintendo about the game this week)
- Frictional Games interview about "unfun" games (they created the awesome, scary and upcoming Amnesia -- our preview)
- Mafia 2 feature/Q&A
- Guild Wars 2 wiki love
- Dragon Age 1 + 2 wiki love
- At least three hardware reviews this week
- Starcraft 2 features/editorials
We're also looking for a news writer on the east coast or in Europe/the UK. If you know somebody or are somebody, get on it. :)
playstation 3 xbox 360 wii pc neoseeker related gaming related
Looks like it's no joke: Aksys Games will be rolling out the limited edition red carpet for its English release... posted Apr 01, 10 6:28pm
After being stuck in Japan for so long, Cave is finally breaking out of its, well, cave. Things were moving in... posted Jan 18, 10 8:51pm
- Genre: Arcade
- Theme(s): Gothic, Dark Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Cave
- Publisher: Aksys Games
Released North America Jun 29, 2010 Europe Q1 2011 Japan Apr 23, 2009
- Player Info:
- Offline Co-op (2-4)
- Online Co-op (2-4)
- Also known as:
- デススマイルズ in Japan