BackgroundYou are Isaac Clarke, a space engineer who specializes in fixing giant mining ships for the Concordance Extraction Corporation, or C.E.C. As most stories of the like go, your company receives a distress call from the USG Ishimura, a "Planet Cracker" class ship that takes dead planets, and destroys them to extract valuable ore for the company. In the assumption that the ship has had a mechanical failure, Isaac gathers coworkers Lt. Zach Hammond, security officer, and Kendra Daniels, local Tech specialist. As you set out to meet with the ship upon the cruiser class Kellion, you soon realize that this is no ordinary distress call. In the classic sci-fi manner, you soon find that the ship has been overrun by a mysterious alien race. After boarding the ship, you are separated from your party, and this routine check becomes a race for your life.
GameplayThe game will be a survival-horror game taking place in Space. It is heavilly based on movies such as Alien and Event Horizon mixed with games such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It'll take place as a 3rd Person shooter and combat will heavilly focus on decapitating enemies. The game engine is Unreal Engine 3
- Strategic dismemberment: Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they'll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects, even the enemies' own arms and legs and fire them at anything that stands in your way.
- Terror in the far reaches of space: A blood curdling interactive horror experience features state of the art graphics and effects, a panic inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair.
- Real zero G: Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero gravity environments that reinvent survival horror.
- Uncover the horrific truth: Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura's downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship's hideously transformed crew.
Official URLOfficial Site
SpOOK and 896 others own Dead Space
Chimaira and 40 others played Dead Space
Dec 25, 13 11:27am
Dead Space 3's co-op component was introduced due to the series' past two installments being too scary to play... posted Jun 12, 12 3:16am
Feb 07, 11 2:31am
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Cyberpunk, Horror, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Redwood Shores
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 14, 2008 Europe Oct 24, 2008 Australia Oct 23, 2008