BackgroundThis is the story of Frank West, a freelance journalist who stumbles into the zombie-infested town of Willamette while searching for his big break. Frank locks himself up inside the local supermarket, only to find it is not the safe haven he thought it would be; Instead, endless streams of the living dead await Frank inside and the struggle for his life begins.
GameplaySimple controls and easy learning curve that have players using melee weapons, grappling attacks, and jumping combinations to keep the zombies at bay.
- Real-time gameplay: Time marches on whether Frank is actively engaged or simply stationary.
- Dynamic enemies: Record numbers of zombies come in never-ending waves and react to their environment. Though they move slowly during the day, the zombies become stronger and faster at night, making it even more dangerous for players to survive. These former humans have also retained some memory of their previous lives, giving them unique behaviors and appearances.
- Visual clarity: Playing in native 720p resolution allows for unprecedented detail and clarity in gameplay.
- Weapons aplenty: The variety of stores available to you in the mall offer an endless supply of resources, including vehicles, makeshift weapons, and food.
- Save and learn: Encounter other survivors along the way. Helping them will give you more clues as to what has happened and what you need to do to stop it.
Remember Dead Rising with Frank West? Pretty good game, right? Apparently, that zombie-fest in the midwest... posted Apr 13, 10 6:43pm
This week's Xbox LIVE update introduces some lovely updates, and Gold subscribers are getting "Deal of the Week"... posted Jan 12, 10 7:56pm
In this game, you are a photojournalist named Frank West who has recently heard...
In the wake of solemn news -- mostly about Activision's price jacking -- Capcom follows up with a rather sweet... posted Aug 10, 09 10:59pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Aug 8, 2006 Europe Sep 8, 2006 Japan Sep 28, 2006 Australia Sep 15, 2006