BackgroundThe last safe refuge is being taken over by crime and violence, turning the once peacful city into a nightmare. The Agency, a secret government organization, has set a secret weapon upon the city to save it from the crime lords and mafia: you. You're an Agent of Justice, who has volunteered to take this task. Pumped full of experimental drugs and the law on your side, you'll defeat the crime that rules the city.
- Brilliant Experience from a Legendary Game Designer: From Dave Jones, the creative mastermind behind ï¿½Grand Theft Autoï¿½ and ï¿½Lemmingsï¿½ comes ï¿½Crackdown,ï¿½ an explosive masterpiece set to define open-world, free form gaming in the next-generation.
- True Next-Generation Visuals: Harnessing the power of Xbox 360, Crackdown players enforce justice against the backdrop of a crime ridden metropolis, massive in scale, monstrous in scope and meticulous in detail. The unique presentation style employs a highly stylized rendering technique that turns the game into a living graphical novel.
- Cooperative Gameplay ï¿½ Double the Mayhem: From its initial concept, to final design, Real Time Worlds focused on delivering dynamic, engaging cooperative gameplay for double the carnage, action and intensity.
- 3-Dimensional Free Form Gameplay: For the first time ever, an urban playground has been created to encourage players to explore and exploit the full width, depth and height of a city. Players wage war on the syndicates by taking part in high-octane chases on foot and on wheels while using any appropriate route along, around, across, over, under or through the environment. Freedom abounds as itï¿½s up to the player to determine how best to complete the non-linear objectives in a myriad of wild and creative ways.
- Over-the-Top Action: All strategies and tactics are acceptable provided players reclaim the streets by unleashing the awesome abilities inside each Agent. As players develop and hone their gameplay skills, their Agentï¿½s genetic tendencies will increase allowing players to realize their Agentï¿½s full potential. Players will be able to run at dazzling speeds, take death-defying leaps, handle the most incredible weapons, perform impossible vehicular maneuvers, move massive objects and deliver bone-crushing blows.
- Music as Environment: Over 100 licensed tracks, spanning a wide range of styles and genres, give audio identities to characters and locations in Crackdown. Coupled with a next-generation use of 5.1 surround sound, gamers will know just from the music and sound effects they hear which crime syndicate is headed their way.
- The Environment is Your Weapon: Low on ammo? No problem. Thanks to an amazing amount of props and a deep physics system players can use whatever they can get their hands on as weapons ï¿½ from trashcans, vehicles, even people ï¿½ to clean the streets of crime. In Crackdown the actions you take last longer than when the player runs a block away too. If the player wants to stack up vehicles and then run away to corral vehicles toward an obstruction, the players ï¿½masterpieceï¿½ will be there when they return as the game reacts to how the player plays. In Crackdown, players use the world as one huge chemistry set where the possibilities are endless and the outcomes are wild.
Official URLOfficial Site
EvilTediz597 and 1241 others own Crackdown
Konstruct and 55 others played Crackdown
Microsoft's really trying to keep the temperature hot with its "Games With Gold" program after... posted Jul 31, 13 12:50pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime, Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Real Time Worlds
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Feb 20, 2007 Europe Feb 23, 2007 Japan Feb 22, 2007 Australia Feb 22, 2007
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2)
- Also known as:
- Riot Act in Japan