BackgroundA man-made floating city called the Ark, made up of hundreds of separate floating islands, is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental self-sufficient and 100% “green” habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth’s oceans has forced the Ark to become a refuge for humanity. Crammed with the original Ark founders, their descendants, as well as tens of thousands of refugees, the Ark exists in total isolation from the rest of the world. With 25 years of social unrest, the inhabitants of the Ark have reached their breaking point. It’s up to you to decide the future of the Ark and the human race.
GameplayBrink is an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’s last refuge for humanity. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.
• Blurring the Lines Between Offline and Online - Advance your character’s development across every gameplay mode: single player, co-op, and multiplayer. Gain experience points that you can spend on customizing and upgrading your skills and abilities, designing an entirely unique look and feel for your character.
• Groundbreaking Kinesthetics - Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you’re used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and takes advantage of a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you’re trying to get to, and makes it happen. No need to perfectly time a jump or vault, the game knows what you want to do.
• Context-Sensitive Goals and Rewards - Objectives, communications, mission generation, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your status, your location, your squad-mates, and the status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You’ll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success.
• Virtual Texturing – Brink’s proprietary technology, Virtual Texturing, breaks new ground on current-gen consoles and PCs with an even greater focus on highly detailed characters, realistic environments, lighting, effects, and atmospherics. This competitive lead on the squad-combat genre helps thrust players into the gritty reality of the Ark's epic secluded arcology.
Splash Damage, developers of the controversially reviewed FPS Brink, are teasing an announcement. The teaser... posted Nov 23, 12 12:11pm
Define 'anticlimax' [an-ti-cli-max]:
- An event, conclusion, statement, etc., that is far...
At launch, Brink was besieged by a myriad of gameplay issues, ranging in severity. As such, the Brink community... posted Jul 29, 11 2:03pm
The very first Brink DLC is on the way, only slightly later than originally anticipated. When first announced,... posted Jun 24, 11 1:54pm
During the June 10 weekend, an unlawful intrusion by hackers took place on Bethesda Softworks' websites.... posted Jun 13, 11 12:12pm
It's no secret that Brink had a less-than-smooth launch, regardless of platform. Obviously some versions... posted May 13, 11 5:32pm
Brink will be out tomorrow, May 10, and seeing as how Bethesda has been releasing trailers on a daily basis for... posted May 09, 11 1:00pm
We're just one weekend and a Monday away from Brink, so why stop with the trailers now? Surprisingly, Splash... posted May 06, 11 1:11pm
Because you haven't had enough of these videos, Bethesda and Splash Damage released a new "Get SMART" tutorial... posted May 05, 11 2:01pm
Okay, so yesterday's Brink video on the game's HUD wasn't the last "Get SMART" video. Today sees yet another... posted May 04, 11 12:44pm
My this time next week, you'll probably already have your copy of Brink. Already know which class you're going... posted May 03, 11 4:08pm
Hyped for Brink? Good, because May 10 is just around the corner. Splash Damage and Bethesda isn't about to tone... posted Apr 26, 11 5:42pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Splash Damage
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Released North America May 10, 2011 Europe May 13, 2011 Australia May 12, 2011