BackgroundAfter your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn.
GameplayBioshock is a first-person shooter, but not in the traditional sense. Like its spiritual predecessor, System Shock 2, Bioshock allows the player to implement different powers, known as Plasmids, in order to defeat their foes and manipulate the environment in a variety of ways. Another element of the game that differs from other shooters is the Tonic system. Tonics are enhancements to your character that are in effect as soon as they are equipped. Some effects of Tonics can include things such as increased defense against enemy attacks as well as allowing you to reap more benefits from hacking vending machines and the like.
- Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival.
- Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment.
- Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities.
<li type="sqaure">Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience.
- Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game.
- Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?
Official URLOfficial Site
Looks like BioShock will be making a jump to mobile platforms. 2K Games today announced the... posted Aug 04, 14 10:09am
Publisher 2K tweets a snap of a familiar landmark from the first BioShock game, Eve's Garden.... posted Jul 24, 14 2:05pm
My expectations are that everyone here at Neo has already played through the original BioShock, but sometimes... posted Jan 04, 13 8:00am
The British Board of Film Classification has confirmed the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition. BioShock and... posted Jun 18, 12 12:12am
So yeah, this is the fabled Bioshock, the holder of many 8s, 9s and even 10s. Playing...
The Minecraft community impresses once more: a team of fans have re-created the "feel" of the world of BioShock... posted Oct 19, 10 7:48pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: 2K Boston
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Aug 21, 2007 Europe Aug 24, 2007 Japan Feb 21, 2008 Australia Aug 24, 2007
|Bill McDonagh||Sander Cohen|
|Dr. J.S. Steinman||Frank Fontaine|
|Professor Julie Langford||Peach Wilkins|
|Andrew Ryan||Bridgette Tenenbaum|
|Jasmine Jolene||Silas Cobb|
|Anna Culpepper||Dr. Yi Suchong|