BackgroundBionic Commando features Nathan Spencer, a government operative who represents the ultimate fusion of man and machine. After distinguishing himself in a fierce conflict against the Imperials, Spencer is betrayed and falsely imprisoned by the very people he unquestioningly served. Three years later, on the day he is due to be executed for his supposed crimes, an experimental weapon detonates in Ascension City, unleashing an immensely powerful earthquake coupled with a radiation shockwave that leaves the city in ruins, wiping out its populace. Military intelligence suggests that a large terrorist search force has moved in and occupied Ascension City, but as yet their motives remain unclear. With the terrain in ruins and the terrorists in control of Ascension City's air defences the FSA has only one option open to them - the reactivation of Nathan Spencer.
GameplayBionic Commando transposes the much loved swing-and-shoot gameplay of the 8-bit original onto a stunning 3D environment of towering buildings, suspended roadways and monorails, deep canyons and sheer rock faces, which are traversed using swinging, scaling, climbing and wall-walking techniques. Alongside its compelling single player campaign, Bionic Commando will include a fully-fledged multiplayer mode which will be the first online multiplayer game to truly feature an advanced wire mechanic to swing from platform to platform while pursuing your opponents. Players will need to utilize all the skills honed in single player such as Zip Kick, Death from Above and Adrenaline attacks to show the true power of a Bionic Commando.
- Use the bionic arm to swing between towering skyscrapers at breathtaking speed, hook onto distant objects, zip up on hanging girders and choose your own route through the game
- Explore anywhere - on land, in the air, or swinging from the top of 50-story skyscrapers - in a game that redefines 3D action
- Gameplay that moves through horizontal and vertical environments - a 3D game that truly uses all three dimensions
- Use the power of the bionic arm - and of next-gen physics - to realistically throw massive objects, pummel opponents, whip enemies into the air, or pull the landscape apart.
- Arm yourself with a variety of weapons worthy of a Bionic Commando.
- Starring Mike Patton, the former lead singer of Faith No More, as the voice of Nathan Spencer.
Official URLOfficial Site
If you thought Bionic Commando was just some game Capcom made in the 80s, you'd be...
Man, I was really hyped for this game since the beginning of 2009. The instant I...
By now, most gamers have learned to appreciate Capcom's sense of humor, which shines through in a number of major... posted May 06, 09 7:34pm
As Bionic Commando strives toward launch day across numerous regions, Capcom tantalizes gamers with more screenshots... posted May 05, 09 5:13pm
Capcom has recently come out with a new trailer for Bionic Commando, their HD remake of the NES classic. The video... posted May 01, 09 6:08pm
Capcom has announced that a Bionic Commando demo will appear exclusively on Xbox LIVE in the coming weeks featuring... posted Apr 15, 09 5:57pm
Before the Spider-Man games there was Bionic Commando on NES. Now Capcom's remake of this classic is on its way to... posted Apr 10, 09 7:24pm
Capcom has announced today that the new Bionic Commando will be hitting North American shelves on Tuesday, May 19... posted Mar 25, 09 9:05pm
Fans of the original NES classic Bionic Commando should be pleased to hear that Capcom has given the new version an... posted Feb 05, 09 9:59pm
- Genre: Sci-Fi Adventure
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: GRIN Studios
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America May 19, 2009 Europe May 29, 2009 Japan Jun 25, 2009 Australia May 21, 2009