BackgroundIt's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific Campaign! Pick your path - be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander or an ace fighter pilot dog-fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of the battle. Whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield gameplay.
So, whether you are flying your Zero fighter for the glorious Japanese Imperial Navy over Wake Island or rushing the shores on Iwo Jima with other battle-hardened US Marines, you're in for an intense battle. Use the built in squad features to team up with up to 4 other soldiers and make your way across the Pacific Theatre together. Thrash an enemy bunker, setup camp and snipe across the map, steal a tank in the enemy's stronghold while your comrades launch an all out bomber attack; the choices are endless! We're depending on you to turn the tide of the battle and war, soldier!
Whatever your position, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.
- Take to the Skies, and then some! - Powered by one of the best engines in any online multiplayer game, Frostbite, you can bank, roll and loop your fighter plane while dog fighting with the enemy or dive-bomb a hostile squad. Leave nothing in your path as you drive a powerful tank through forests, houses and sandbag bunkers with a gunner on the roof. Flank the Marines with a fully loaded landing craft and turn the tide of the battle for the Imperial Japanese! The vehicles available can be devastating at the hands of an experienced Battlefield veteran so prepare to put your skills to the test.
With three fully equipped classes to choose from, you choose which role to play in the battle. As an infantry soldier your job is to push the opposing forces from their strongholds, take out vehicles with your powerful recoilless rifle, man an anti-air gun, or drive a tank. Thre rifleman is at home in the trenches with the trusty bayonet and can thin out the opposing infantry ranks for those crowded situations with the M1 or Type 5 rifle. The camouflaged scout will sniff out the enemy and strike from a distance, using a long distance m1903 or Type 98 rirle, but don't underestimate the scout when it gets up close and personal; they have Expack explosives which can level walls, soldiers and vehicles before you can say, "Boom!"
- Frostbite & Battlefield 1943 - Battlefield 1943´s Frostbite game engine allows for practically total destruction of all environments. That means that you can level almost anything you encounter in the game - from airplanes to buildings, bunkers, vehicles and navy vessels. Take aim, fire and watch the fireworks as your enemies' cover and heavy weaponry explode to little pieces! Use the destruction to your tactical advantage as you blow a new "door" in a building to flank the Japanese bucked down inside, or clear a path through the trees for a better line of sight to the action.
- Online mutliplayer and varied locations - The names of Iwo Jima, Wake Island and Guadalcanal have gone down in history as the most fearsome and intense arenas of combat in the Pacific Theatre. Now you and up to 24 players can engage each other in these beautiful and highly destructible locations from the Pacific Theatre. You´ll take part in the best balanced combat experience ever, whether it´s in the sky, on land or the sea in Battlefield 1943.
The Battlefield series is known for many things, and one of them is it's superb theme music. It's so well loved,... posted May 07, 12 7:00am
EA has been experimenting smartly with quality digital titles as of late, with shooter Battlefield 1943 one of... posted Dec 08, 10 11:45pm
[image1 link=yes width=210 float=left] Amazon.com recently began listing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate... posted Aug 16, 10 10:39pm
If you pay the monthly $5 subscription fee for Xbox LIVE Gold, then prepare for an awesome Deal of the Week... posted Jun 07, 10 7:06pm
Microsoft has a lot to celebrate, especially with the Xbox LIVE Arcade bringing in such high figures. Beyond all... posted Apr 27, 10 8:17pm
Yesterday, we predicted the New Year's Eve reveal on Xbox LIVE's "Countdown to New Year" would be epic. Well,... posted Dec 31, 09 8:46pm
[image1 width=200 height=92] Xbox LIVE frontman Major Nelson released last week's Xbox LIVE activity charts and... posted Jul 14, 09 5:36pm
DICE has announced that as of today, Battlefield 1943 is available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace for just... posted Jul 08, 09 4:49pm
EA and DICE have started a Battlefield 1943 worldwide community challenge, with a bonus map as incentive for players... posted May 29, 09 6:24pm
DICE announced in April release and pricing details for their World War II multiplayer title Battlefield 1943. The... posted May 05, 09 5:11pm
DICE has announced the pricing for their upcoming World War II multiplayer title Battlefield 1943 on Xbox 360,... posted Apr 23, 09 5:41pm
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Military, Historical, World War II
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: DICE Stockholm
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Jul 8, 2009 Europe Jul 8, 2009 Japan Jul 8, 2009 Australia Jul 9, 2009
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (24 max)
- Battlefield Hardline
- Battlefield 4: China Rising
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 2142
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield Vietnam
- Battlefield: 1942