BackgroundAlan Wake is a psychological action thriller, a unique new take in the world of gaming. The game is set in an idyllic all-American small town and its surroundings in the state of Washington. Alan Wake, the game's protagonist, is a bestselling horror writer, who writes a novel about his darkest nightmares. In the game, those nightmares come true.
GameplayThe game environment is a massive, open world for the players to explore. The game design is mission based with the player as the driving force behind the action. Combining intense and cinematic storytelling with player freedom, Alan Wake focuses to deliver a deep and immersive single player experience.
- Episodic content: The mission-based structure of Alan Wake creates an episodic narrative similar to the very best of dramatic television. As the episodes progress, gameplay evolves to introduce new elements and characters, drawing the player deeper into the experience.
- Realistic environment: Experience an immersive reality like never before, as weather and light changes affect gameplay. Explore every aspect of a hyper-detailed Pacific Northwest town as you look for the truth behind the horror around you.
- Massive world: Explore and roam free in an open environment as you investigate the mysteries of Bright Falls. Pay close attention to detail as you look for clues scattered through the town.
- Brutal combat: As night falls, creatures begin to attack, and the longer Alan spends in Bright Falls, the longer the nights get. His enemies seem to draw their power from the darkness, and light soon becomes his greatest ally. Combine use of light with more conventional weapons to drive back the forces that hide in the dark
Official URLOfficial Site
Swinging Tipper and 18 others played Alan Wake
Swinging Tipper and 658 others own Alan Wake
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...posted May 22, 13 4:08pm
- Genre: Mystery Adventure
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Remedy Entertainment
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America May 28, 2010 Europe May 21, 2010 Japan May 27, 2010 Australia May 20, 2010