BackgroundAlan Wake is a psychological action thriller, a unique new take in the world of gaming. The game is set in an idyllic all-American small town and its surroundings in the state of Washington. Alan Wake, the game's protagonist, is a bestselling horror writer, who writes a novel about his darkest nightmares. In the game, those nightmares come true.
GameplayThe game environment is a massive, open world for the players to explore. The game design is mission based with the player as the driving force behind the action. Combining intense and cinematic storytelling with player freedom, Alan Wake focuses to deliver a deep and immersive single player experience.
- Episodic content: The mission-based structure of Alan Wake creates an episodic narrative similar to the very best of dramatic television. As the episodes progress, gameplay evolves to introduce new elements and characters, drawing the player deeper into the experience.
- Realistic environment: Experience an immersive reality like never before, as weather and light changes affect gameplay. Explore every aspect of a hyper-detailed Pacific Northwest town as you look for the truth behind the horror around you.
- Massive world: Explore and roam free in an open environment as you investigate the mysteries of Bright Falls. Pay close attention to detail as you look for clues scattered through the town.
- Brutal combat: As night falls, creatures begin to attack, and the longer Alan spends in Bright Falls, the longer the nights get. His enemies seem to draw their power from the darkness, and light soon becomes his greatest ally. Combine use of light with more conventional weapons to drive back the forces that hide in the dark
Official URLOfficial Site
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...posted May 22, 13 4:08pm
Imagine you had the opportunity to write a novel that turns real, and you're the...
Remedy Entertainment, the developer of the Alan Wake franchise, has confirmed the studio is hiring for "future... posted May 11, 12 10:12am
It seems like it's becoming more and more of a rarity to experience a game that...
In a recent interview, Remedy's head of franchise development, Oskari Häkkinen, declared the original Alan Wake... posted Mar 13, 12 4:33pm
Rumors of an Alan Wake sequel began circulating not long ago by way of LinkedIn, and Remedy Entertainment has... posted May 10, 11 2:08pm
Alan Wake is one of those games that have professional reviewers going gaga. This...
Alright, so Alan Wake came out recently, after an almost 6 year wait. I eagerly rented...
Have you caught up with Alan Wake's "The Signal" DLC? Like any good book, you don't want to skip ahead as "The... posted Aug 09, 10 10:07pm
[image3 link=yes width=250 height=247 float=right] Alan Wake is often attached with the word "innovative,"... posted Jul 07, 10 8:54pm
April 2010 didn't end up being so hot with a double-digit drop in overall industry revenue, and unfortunately the... posted Jul 02, 10 7:50pm
While I had a good time with this game, it didn't hit me in the same way a large...
Those who have completed Alan Wake by now know that the game ends on a rather ambiguous cliffhanger. "The... posted Jun 03, 10 6:12am
Remedy Studios are most well known for their Max Payne games. It got a film deal and...
Microsoft's explanation for the canning of Alan Wake on the PC was far from satisfactory to many -- even console... posted Feb 22, 10 9:38pm
- Genre: Mystery Adventure
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Remedy Entertainment
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America May 28, 2010 Europe May 21, 2010 Japan May 27, 2010 Australia May 20, 2010