Game InfoA fictional era resembling the years of industrial expansion in Japan, full of hope for reconstruction. Amidst record-breaking economic growth and technical innovation, the people of this era discovered a new energy source: a mineral called Guiding Ore, which served as a perfect substitute for coal and electricity. A powerful natural resource, this Guiding Ore held other mysterious qualities. It could be tempered into a blade, a "Guiding Katana" that endowed certain soldiers who held special symbols with access to a unique psychic power.
It was said that once this katana killed another human being it would turn blood-red and endow its owner with an overwhelming power. It was this power that the Emperor Basho used to expand his reign, waging war on his country's neighbors with an elite battalion who wielded the so-called "blood swords".
Now a small squadron of rebels stands against his empire and most fearsome generals. A struggle to shake the soul of justice and evil begins here!
- Full HD, full 16:9 support. Originally released in arcades at a 4:3 aspect ratio, Akai Katana Shin has been reworked for the home console environment and features gorgeous full HD graphics in 16:9.
- Xbox 360-only Features. A full upgrade from the arcade version, Akai Katana Shin includes an updated, more intense game system, a brand new stage and boss. Dash in close to enemies to get "guiding ore", trigger your special mode and cancel bullets to earn points! These features are sure to keep people playing and maintain word of mouth.
Revamped Interface. The CAVE standard 360 user interface has been completely reworked with full animation and a graphical interface. Akai Katana Shin's eye-catching UI gives an attractive finish to the overall package.
- Arcade Mode Included. For those who enjoy the game system of the arcade version, a 4:3 HD version of the Arcade game is included as well.
- Online scoreboards and replays. Akai Katana features online scoreboards and replays to let you compare your scores to friends as well as the best of the best. Online score sharing is a huge step over the PS2 days and conveys the relevance of point-based games much better than any offline console has ever done. A faithful port of the arcade classic. Join the Gekka alliance as they battle against the Empire and its generals. Can you put an end to the power of the red katana?
- Destroy enemies with your fighter craft to gather "guiding energy". Use this to summon your partner in ninja form , and slip past enemies to destroy them.
- Enemies and bullets you destroy will earn you tons of gold items, which rotate around your ship. Let these grow larger for bigger point bonuses, but don't wait too long or they'll disappear!
Official URLOfficial Site (EU)
Official Site (JP)
SpOOK and 13 others own Akai Katana
franzito played Akai Katana
Aksys Games announces it has reached an agreement with fellow publisher Rising Star Games (based in Europe) to... posted Apr 11, 12 11:51am
- Genre: Arcade
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Cave
- Publisher: Rising Star
Released North America May 16, 2012 Europe May 11, 2012 Japan May 26, 2011
- Player Info:
- Offline Co-op (2 max)
- Also known as:
- Akai Katana Shin in Japan