BackgroundWii Fit attracted millions of new players to the world of video games. Now Wii Fit Plus offers a range of new features and enhancements to help players reinvigorate their workouts, along with exercises and balance games designed to keep them fun. Players will find a new dimension to the Wii Fit experience as they easily set their own customized workout routines or choose 20-, 30- or 40-minute workouts based on how much time they have available. Users will also be able to choose from specialized workout routines that focus on an individual’s personal fitness goals or certain target areas. And with the addition of activities like Skateboarding and Rhythm Kung Fu, players will be using the Wii Balance Board accessory in a variety of new and fun ways.
- Workouts combine the original Wii Fit activities and selections from 15 new balance games and six new strength training and yoga activities.
- Users can input the amount of time they want to spend on their workouts or select an area for personal improvement, and Wii Fit Plus will suggest a number of diverse activities for them.
- For the first time, users can mix and match which strength and yoga activities they prefer on a given day. The seamless exercise flows make it easier than ever for users to maintain their daily workout routines.
- Users might be asked to run an obstacle course across a series of platforms, zoom across a beach on a Segway x2 Personal Transporter or flap their arms to help their hilarious chicken-suited characters aim for targets.
- The range of games and customization options will make players want to play every day. They'll be having so much fun that their workouts will seem to fly by in no time at all.
- Players also can see estimates of calories burned and can even activate a feature that lets them weigh their dogs or cats.
- Wii Fit Plus comes packaged with the Wii Balance Board accessory. For people who already own Wii Fit, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available for purchase separately.
Nintendo's just provided an update for an ongoing count battle related to their Wii Fit Balance Board and Wii... posted Jun 19, 13 11:57am
December has come and gone, and with it another calendar year of gaming. The NPD Group posts its latest monthly... posted Jan 14, 11 1:51am
Year-on-year revenue gains continue to escape the gaming industry for the month of June, by the NPD Group's... posted Jul 16, 10 12:41am
April 2010 didn't end up being so hot with a double-digit drop in overall industry revenue, and unfortunately the... posted Jul 02, 10 7:50pm
Can you tackle turns like a pro in Mario Kart Wii? Able to bowl some perfect games in Wii Sports Resort? You... posted Jun 29, 10 5:22pm
You know Nintendo has been big on pushing some degree of exergaming to the masses ever since it introduced Wii... posted May 17, 10 7:44pm
Series fans may have questioned Splinter Cell: Conviction's, well, conviction to what made the franchise so... posted Apr 26, 10 6:52pm
In what may be one of the strangest after effects from an injury, a London woman is getting several sexual urges... posted Apr 14, 10 6:27pm
January 2010 NPD Number Crunch: Wii tops software & hardware charts, Mass Effect 2 takes second place
The gaming industry started 2009 with a 13 percent year-on-year growth in total sales. Unfortunately, the same... posted Feb 12, 10 8:05pm
Activision is beside itself thanks to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's record setting performance even on launch... posted Jan 18, 10 8:10pm
The 2009 holiday shopping season helped close the book on a tougher year for the video game industry, marked by... posted Jan 15, 10 2:51am
- Genre: Life Sims (Wii)
- Theme(s): Lifestyle
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Oct 4, 2009 Europe Oct 30, 2009 Japan Oct 1, 2009 Australia Oct 15, 2009
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2-4)