BackgroundCreate your own player, join the new World Tour, where you will be trained by a real-life legend of tennis, and compete for the no.1 ranking against the planet's biggest stars. Then take your character online and prove you're the best with the new online ranking system!
With brand new courts to test your skills in, a new roll call of tennis stars to compete against and even more popular court minigames, Virtua Tennis 2009 is set to be a bigger hitter than ever before!
Features- Wii MotionPlus Compatible.
- All-New Tennis Store – With prize money earned in online tournaments, players can customize their character with over 800 items from the new store.
- New Player Creation System – Players can customize their character’s face, body and clothing from a huge variety of options with improvements to hair, skin and texture detail.
- Enhanced World Tour – Players challenge over 20 licensed pro’s from Roger Federer to Maria Sharapova, vying for cash and trophies, as well as compete in the all-new Davis Cup.
- Additional Players / Courts – Over 20 of the world’s top players, including eight new to Virtua Tennis and three legends, take to the court in new arenas. Dubai and Shanghai have been added to the 40 existing courts for a huge level of variety, complete with 3D crowds.
-Tennis Academy – Players have the opportunity to learn footwork, ground stroke, volley, serve and technique from the greats including Stefan Edberg and Tim Henman.
- More Court Games – In 12 mini-games, six completely new, players can improve their quick reactions in games such as Alien Attack, Avalanche, and Meat Defender.
- New Online Ranking System – Now fully integrated with online features, players will rise through the ranks and compete for the ultimate title on worldwide leaderboards.
- Genre: Tennis (Wii)
- Developer: Sumo Digital
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Jun 9, 2009 Europe Jun 19, 2009 Australia Jun 18, 2009