BackgroundThe story follows Harry Mason, who wakes up after a car accident to find that his daughter Cheryl is missing. Harry will wander the snowy streets of Silent Hill searching for answers of her disappearance, but when the world freezes over, he will need to escape the lumbering demons that haunt his steps. Harry will need to navigate both worlds to discover the truth; not just about his missing daughter, but also the type of person he actually is.
GameplaySilent Hill's debut on the Nintendo Wii makes the fear more real than ever before. Players will be drawn into the mysterious town using the Wii Remote as a flashlight and a cellphone as they search for clues. Choices they make will shape Harry Mason, as well as the people he meets and the places he visits. The enemies evolve as well, taking the form of the player's deepest fears. Silent Hill promises to be more terrifying than ever, bringing the fear to Wii, PS2, and PSP.
- A re-imagining of the original Silent Hill that turns everything you thought you knew on its head.
- The game watches you and adapts to your actions to create a unique experience to each player and intensify their fears.
- Implementation of a cell phone as the user interface, which acts as a story telling device, map, puzzle helper, and camera that provides seamless flow with no interruption in gameplay.
- New nightmare sequences focus on escape and evasion rather than direct confrontation.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is not a sequel to the Silent Hill series, nor is it a...
If you are considering getting this game, I'd suggesting waiting for the PS2 or PSP...
Just last week, we learned Silent Hill producer and composter Akira Yamaoka had resigned from Konami and would be... posted Dec 07, 09 8:57pm
With all the violent games out there taking heat for allegedly influencing crazies to murder and do other weird... posted Oct 28, 09 7:50pm
Announced last week, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is a "reimagining" of the game that started it all, set for the... posted Apr 13, 09 5:33pm
Silent Hill fans are no doubt missing Team Silent, but the original Silent Hill brigade's departure hasn't fased... posted Apr 06, 09 5:39pm
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (Wii)
- Theme(s): Horror, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Climax Studios
- Publisher: Konami
Released North America Dec 8, 2009 Europe Feb 26, 2010 Japan Mar 25, 2010 Australia May 6, 2010