For a thousand years, a princess has slept inside the Karakuri Mansion. When Shiren's former master bestows upon him the Karakuri key, he quickly finds himself entangled in a millennium-old mystery, wandering through past and present to unravel the story of the girl and vanquish an ancient, lurking evil...
* Epic adventure in feudal Japan -- As the wandering samurai Shiren, you will explore a vision of historic Japan that is beautiful and vibrant. An epic story that begins 1000 years prior takes you through villages and dungeons and places you alongside figures straight out of Japanese mythology.
* Variable challenge -- A brand new easy mode lets even newcomers to the genre find a foothold while experienced players will find a more rigorous challenge in Normal mode. Post-game activities will test the most advanced gamer with additional quests, super dungeons, a tournament, and the "ultimate challenge"-the Millennium Dungeon, a pain-staking 1,000 floor dungeon crawl.
* Challenging depth and strategy -- Control your time in the dungeons down to the details. Choose direct control over your party members or take advantage of the excellent AI that lets you specify attitude and tendency. Power up equipment through the new Dragon Orb system, and imbue them with special abilities via more than 100 Seals. New Spells allow targeted casting of effects on enemies.
The blog series may be over for Shiren the Wanderer, but Atlus has cooked up a video walkthrough for the game... posted Jan 27, 10 8:58pm
Developer blogs for Chunsoft's RPG Shiren the Wanderer conclude today with discussion of the game's... posted Jan 21, 10 11:03pm
Chunsoft editor Clayton S. Chan delivers some notes this evenin' on the forthcoming roguelike Shiren the... posted Jan 13, 10 4:08am
[image2 link=yes width=345 height=185] Are you all depressed thinking about January, when the holidays have... posted Dec 31, 09 10:41pm
[image1 link=yes width=230 height=263] Chunsoft's RPG Shiren the Wanderer saw its first assets and details posted Nov 25, 09 8:04pm
The Wii isn't exactly renowned for its RPG library, but fans still holding out for a new solid title in the genre... posted Nov 24, 09 12:31am
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (Wii)
- Theme(s): Anime, Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Chunsoft
- Publisher: Atlus
Released North America Feb 9, 2010
- Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
- Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate (Import)
- Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 4 (Import)