BackgroundUnlike the evil enemies you fought against in the previous story, in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, players will fight against the characters’ own inner demons. Two of the most popular characters in the series and heroes of the beloved Resident Evil 2, Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield, will be making their return. As unconventional heroes, the two start out the game as ordinary individuals who are thrown into terrorizing situations where their own fear is their biggest enemy. Featuring a brand new storyline that will fill in missing pieces of the “Chronicles” series, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles leads players into a horrific world where the lines between good and evil are blurred and the fight begins with your dark side…
GameplayThe game’s on-rail, arcade shooter gameplay first featured in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, has been radically upgraded in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. One of the major additions is a sub-screen which will allow for weapon configuration and use of recovery items regardless of time progression. A horde of new features including a new system that allows players to modify the difficulty level according to their playing skills will bring accessibility and fun to both the hardcore and casual gamer, allowing new players to take advantage of the intense action-horror experience only possible on the Wii.
Continuing in the survival horror tradition, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles will increase the thrills and chills with an enhanced two-player co-op mode where players will be able to follow their partners on the same screen. Their conversations and interactions have also been improved to create a more intense co-op experience.
- Two-Player Co-op Shooting: Invite friends and family to experience the horror alongside you in 2-player co-op mode.
- Fan Favourite Characters Return: Play as Leon S. Kennedy, protagonist of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4, his partner Claire Redfield, who appeared in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and others still to be announced.
- New Evade Movements: Utilize the Wii Remote to flank and evade your enemies, creating a more in-depth and intense shooting experience.
- Customizable Weapons: Players can upgrade and customise their weapons for each battle scenario. Each playable character can be specialised for a specific combat style.
- Dynamic Difficulty: In addition to the initial settings of Easy, Normal and Hard, the game’s difficulty level will adjust automatically based on the player’s skill level so that both old and new fans can have a fun and challenging experience.
- Collectibles Galore: For true Resident Evil devotees, archive items such as characters, enemies, old documents and movies can be found throughout the game
Official URLOfficial Site
Capcom was forced into damage-control mode recently after Antoine Seux, head of the publisher's arm in France,... posted Jan 08, 10 8:53pm
Did you hear about the three clergymen who hate zombies? Looks like a few of them are peeved at Capcom for... posted Nov 25, 09 12:44am
Capcom certianly has a peculiar sense of humor, which they love to share with gamers (lucky us). The latest source... posted Nov 13, 09 8:11pm
- Genre: Action Shooter (Wii)
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Nov 17, 2009 Europe Nov 27, 2009 Japan Jan 14, 2010 Australia Nov 26, 2009
- Also known as:
- BioHazard: The Darkside Chronicles in Japan
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
- Resident Evil: Outbreak
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X